PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Ibook/Powerbook or even a std Laptop

digitard
Jul 22, 2005, 02:20 AM
So I'm sittin' there today watching some HDTV and the dog is laying next to me on the floor and my laptop was laying sorta in between us upward (leaning against the chair). He had one of those funny puppy dreams where he starts kicking and I guess he hit my laptop just right so it slid forward and when I went to close the recliner it got stuck between the recliner and arm and it cracked my LCD screen.

So... after reviewing the price of screens for my laptop (Gateway 450SX4) I just decided its time for an upgrade anyways and I'll box this one up and fix it some later time and give it to the pops. I also figured since I've wanted to try out a MAC for a while (mainly due to its awsome editing abilities) I'd entertain that as well.

I'm looking to spend 1000 or under due to finances (just paid for my wedding and reception a lil while back so I'm still dealing with that).

No specific wants except at least 512mb memory (do some minor video editing) and at least a G4 (or if a standard laptop a P4/AMD Athlon).

D.

virus1
Jul 22, 2005, 02:30 AM
sent you a pm

ITASOR
Jul 22, 2005, 07:14 AM
me too

Artful Dodger
Jul 22, 2005, 08:38 AM
PM sent

Artful Dodger
Jul 27, 2005, 10:25 AM
Are you still looking for an iBook with all the goods ;)

slooksterPSV
Jul 27, 2005, 10:52 AM
You could spend $999 + free shipping for an iBook at Apple.com or you could look at their refurb section and pay like 799.99 + free shipping (doesn't apple still have free shipping?) and just probably upgrade the RAM. Otherwise, checkout the link I have listed under my siggy.

Just saying, if you want a new laptop and have like $1000 to spend, I'd go with Apple. Got mine from my siggy place.