Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Joeytpg

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
Vienna, Austria
I have a 2010 imac i7 27" which is my Studio computer (I'm a musician, voice over artist) and I want to upgrade already but I don't want to have to reinstall all the software I use (Logic Pro, iLife, plugins, etc etc..) does the upgrade make it easy? is there a way around this?

thank you, it's the first time I'm upgrading, most of the time I use the same OS until I get a new mac which already comes loaded with the latest.

The help will be greatly appreciated. :eek:

marzer

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2009
Colorado
I have a 2010 imac i7 27" which is my Studio computer (I'm a musician, voice over artist) and I want to upgrade already but I don't want to have to reinstall all the software I use (Logic Pro, iLife, plugins, etc etc..) does the upgrade make it easy? is there a way around this?

thank you, it's the first time I'm upgrading, most of the time I use the same OS until I get a new mac which already comes loaded with the latest.

The help will be greatly appreciated. :eek:

That's the default nature of the installer, to upgrade but preserve your exisitng data and programs. Just purchase the Lion upgrade and let it tun, your stuff will remain intact.

Joeytpg

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
Vienna, Austria
That's the default nature of the installer, to upgrade but preserve your exisitng data and programs. Just purchase the Lion upgrade and let it tun, your stuff will remain intact.

excellent. Even my icons in the dock and everything right?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.