PDA

View Full Version : rolling the dice

Acorn
Jun 21, 2012, 11:27 AM
It feels like whenever I buy a new laptop I am rolling the dice sorta speak about getting one with dead pixels. I just ordered my new macbook air 2012 and I am so afraid my experience will be ruined by a dead or even worse stuck pixel. Its like you spend all that money and your heart just sinks when you see that stuck pixel.

How does everyone else feel about it. do you care if you get one. are you aggressive on the return to not get one?

MacDawg
Jun 21, 2012, 11:29 AM
I have never once looked for one
I just turned my MBP and MBA on and enjoyed them when I got them

Acorn
Jun 21, 2012, 11:35 AM
if you had a stuck pixel your eyes would be drawn to it. Im assuming you just have never gotten one. they are out there though. you may not notice on something like thunderbolt display because the pixels are so small but the lower the resolution the worse you see it.

TraceyS/FL
Jun 21, 2012, 11:49 AM
I have never once looked for one
I just turned my MBP and MBA on and enjoyed them when I got them

Same here... i figure if something is going to show up i will find it without a hunt. So far i've never had an issue on anything I own.

palpatine
Jun 21, 2012, 12:07 PM
Never had an issue. If you do, the store will take it back and replace it. Where is the gamble here?

Now, PCs? Yes, I have gone around and around with them about all sorts of problems. Panasonic, Toshiba, and Asus have lost my business because of their atrocious customer support and poor quality control. Great companies overall, but when you get stuck with a defective product, it is a long and painful process to make it right.

Apple? I had a minor problem with an iPod last year I think they probably could have fixed, but they just handed me a new one. Wow... After that, I ended up with an iPad, MBP, MBA, iPhone, etc. It's been a real pleasure being an Apple customer. No rolling of the dice here, if you ask me.