PDA

View Full Version : Education discount purchased air return question...

Higgs1
Jun 21, 2012, 05:10 PM
Bought a 13" Air the day they launched, received on Tuesday of this week. I have decided the 11" is where I want to be.

Will I have any problems returning the 13" + giftcard back to an apple store? I ordered my 11" Ultimate last night, waiting for it to ship :)

I looked at my invoice and they charged me the $100 for the gc + then took $100 off the MBA. I'm assuming I'll have no issues returning both to get all of my money back.

Anyone have any thoughts or experience with this?

Thanks

hardax
Jun 21, 2012, 06:32 PM
I can't imagine your going to have any issues returning the 13". Heck, someone here on the forum was even able to keep the gift card!

Question though. Where you able to get your EDU discount again when you purchased the 11"? I thought you could only use it once a year on one computer purchase?

Higgs1
Jun 21, 2012, 06:33 PM
Still processing but my second gift card shipped already lol so looks like that's a yes

ExZeRoEx
Jun 21, 2012, 06:49 PM
Still processing but my second gift card shipped already lol so looks like that's a yes

That happened to me yesterday (gift card shipped before laptop), then they cancelled my laptop order yesterday at 2:17PM so I basically bought a $100 gift card. Spent 30 min on the phone with Apple after that.

First time buying a Mac and it's turning into a real patience tester.

Higgs1
Jun 21, 2012, 06:59 PM
That happened to me yesterday (gift card shipped before laptop), then they cancelled my laptop order yesterday at 2:17PM so I basically bought a $100 gift card. Spent 30 min on the phone with Apple after that.

First time buying a Mac and it's turning into a real patience tester.

Was that a 2nd purchase under education pricing?

ExZeRoEx
Jun 22, 2012, 10:58 AM
Was that a 2nd purchase under education pricing?

yes

GREEN4U
Jun 22, 2012, 11:16 AM
Question though. Where you able to get your EDU discount again when you purchased the 11"? I thought you could only use it once a year on one computer purchase?

That's what the rule says but they don't actually keep track. If you're really worried, you can show them another acceptance/offer letter from another school. Hahaha!

ExZeRoEx
Jun 22, 2012, 03:18 PM
That's what the rule says but they don't actually keep track. If you're really worried, you can show them another acceptance/offer letter from another school. Hahaha!

Person I spoke to said email and billing address, and he told me to have my friend order for me.

Higgs1
Jun 22, 2012, 04:03 PM
My issue is that I'm returning the original purchase, and they also screwed up on my 11" order, not calculating the discount correctly, so they had to push through a credit. Hopefully that screw up will allow my order to go through.

It would be pretty ridiculous to ship out the gift card and charge us for that only to cancel our main order, but if they've done it once lol