PDA

View Full Version : Played with new MBA in store.....so damn fast

Joedesi
Jun 22, 2012, 06:12 AM
Weve seen a few bench scores being done on the new Airs with good results.

What's sometime missing is how they feel to use. I played with both 11 and 13 inch2012 at the Apple Store in London. both were base models. I spent most of my time with the 11 which was i5/4/64

What struck me is how fast they feel doing everyday 'amateur' tasks. I tried to stretch the machine by opening every app on the tool bar, approx 10 tabs in safari, every office app, mail etc. And the machine refused to slow down enough for me to notice. It really flied even with YouTube video being streamed and facetime camera on. There was absolutely no stuttering when using mission control or expose.

It made my late 2009 iMac feel quite slow, so much so that I feel to need to upgrade its RAM.

Can't comment on video/photo editing but overall a real joy to use. I personally feel they've got a winning combination using ssd/i5/fast ram

Final choice for my personal spec? 11 inch i5/8/128. Why the extra ram you might ask? I think it just future proofs the machine for the next three years as its non upgradable.

J