Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scuba629

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
I was thinking to using bootcamp to load my windows 7 steam sessions. The main question I have is how do the drivers work? Are their current drivers for windows 7 on the new airs?

Lastly if a driver needs to update does windows find it or will bootcamp load it for me?

Note: I'm only thinking of doing a bootcamp partition as I figured steam games wouldnt run well on a VMware guest.

Last edited:

iMacDragon

macrumors 68020
Oct 18, 2008
UK
I was thinking to using bootcamp to load my windows 7 steam sessions. The main question I have is how do the drivers work? Are their current drivers for windows 7 on the new airs?

Lastly if a driver needs to update does windows find it or will bootcamp load it for me?

Note: I'm only thinking of doing a bootcamp partition as I figured steam games wouldnt run well on a VMware guest.

Drivers get downloaded from apple at setup time.

But graphics drivers are already out of date, and apple are very poor at updating them, for those it's best to go third party route, possibly involving hacked .inf files to get them installed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.