PDA

View Full Version : (oh no not another) audio interface question

Chunk72
Jun 22, 2012, 02:31 PM
Hi Guys,

I might be looking for something that doesn't exist or maybe I'm not searching for the right thing, I'm trying to hook up some gear to avoid the plugging unplugging I have to do if I want to listen to / work with different bits and pieces.

I have the following in my den:

2011 iMac i7 with Logic etc. hooked up to a DacMagic (which also has a feed from a Sonos) plugged into a pair of HS80m's

I recently got a decent turntable and pre-amp that I hook up to the Monitor's which involves unplugging the XLR's and plugging in the unbalanced Jacks.

So this vinyl revival got me to dusting off my tape collection and Sony 3 head Tape Deck which I have just been listening to with HeadPhones but kind of wanted to hook it all up.

My question is, is there an audio interface that will work with what I have, give me a headphone socket and a couple of spare inputs for mic / guitar to use with Logic?

I have done some pretty extensive reading/searches and not come up with an interface that ticks all the boxes.

Thanks

ObsidianIce
Jun 22, 2012, 04:38 PM
something sort of like this? (http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/tascam-us-100-usb-audio-interface/502783000000000?src=3WWRWXGB&cagpspn=pla&gclid=CImf4vTm4rACFeZgTAodelGx2g)
Hi Guys,

I might be looking for something that doesn't exist or maybe I'm not searching for the right thing, I'm trying to hook up some gear to avoid the plugging unplugging I have to do if I want to listen to / work with different bits and pieces.

I have the following in my den:

2011 iMac i7 with Logic etc. hooked up to a DacMagic (which also has a feed from a Sonos) plugged into a pair of HS80m's

I recently got a decent turntable and pre-amp that I hook up to the Monitor's which involves unplugging the XLR's and plugging in the unbalanced Jacks.

So this vinyl revival got me to dusting off my tape collection and Sony 3 head Tape Deck which I have just been listening to with HeadPhones but kind of wanted to hook it all up.

My question is, is there an audio interface that will work with what I have, give me a headphone socket and a couple of spare inputs for mic / guitar to use with Logic?

I have done some pretty extensive reading/searches and not come up with an interface that ticks all the boxes.

Thanks