PDA

View Full Version : Does this app exist?

wilfreddie2
Jun 22, 2012, 05:18 PM
Great forum, learnt much so far but I am looking for an app that hopefully exists or perhaps a combination of apps.

For our sales force, who are equipped with iPad 3's, what we would like them to do during sales visit is the following and this is what i need an app or a series of apps for:

Fill out a new client form, which we could build either in pdf pen or other such pdf applications. The sales person would have a predetermined amount of fileds they would need to complete, some would be with pre-scripted choices from drop down menus or such and some would be manually typed in by them.

Once filled, they would need to save that form with a different and unique name then email it or upload to dropbox but emailing would be the ideal choice.

Finally, may as well go for the trifecta, would like the ability of the sales people taking a photo of the business card we can insert into that form and/or having the ability of an OCR program filling in the customer heading from it. I should mention these will be 'cold calls' and not prearranged visits, so the customer info would not be available to them prior.

Thanks very much for any help you can offer.

balamw
Jun 22, 2012, 05:24 PM
IMO The first two sound like something that should be easily handled as a HTML/Javascript app. I don't know of a canned solution, but it shouldn't be hard to whip something up.

I've been using LinkedIn's CardMunch to capture business cards myself...

B

bluebar
Jun 22, 2012, 06:25 PM
There is an iPad app called FormConnect that allows you to design a form, fill it out and upload it to Dropbox. You can create pre-scripted drop down menu choices, insert photos and save the form using a unique name.

wilfreddie2
Jun 22, 2012, 08:57 PM
Thank you very much, this will work great.

stisdal
Jun 24, 2012, 02:53 PM
Tried this app, (FormConnect) and it is awesome! I have created 2 forms now that I use for business every day. Worth a look if you need a custom form built!

mattdeezy
Jun 24, 2012, 06:10 PM
iForm is great as you can create your own fill-able forms and deploy them to your sales force iForm accounts. Forms can be filled in offline then synced when you have connectivity.