PDA

View Full Version : Turning ON Bluetooth slows down internet

RocketRed
Jun 22, 2012, 05:52 PM
:mad:

Does this happen to anyone else's macbook air?

I tried pairing up my bluetooth mouse and webpages takes MINUTES to load. When Bluetooth is off, it takes less than 5 seconds.

I have not had this happen to be with my 2011 Macbook Air or 2008 White Macbook.

jgo78
Jun 22, 2012, 06:02 PM
:mad:

Does this happen to anyone else's macbook air?

I tried pairing up my bluetooth mouse and webpages takes MINUTES to load. When Bluetooth is off, it takes less than 5 seconds.

I have not had this happen to be with my 2011 Macbook Air or 2008 White Macbook.

just got my new 2012 air today, paired my magic mouse and don't have this problem whatsoever. Something else must be wrong.

dcorban
Jun 22, 2012, 06:09 PM
I have never heard of such a thing. I'd suggest changing the channel of your wireless network. Bluetooth and Wifi use 2.4Ghz, so they may be interfering.

Stetrain
Jun 22, 2012, 06:45 PM
I have never heard of such a thing. I'd suggest changing the channel of your wireless network. Bluetooth and Wifi use 2.4Ghz, so they may be interfering.

Yep, this sounds like interference. You should be able to change the wireless channel your router uses from its admin page.

calvol
Jun 23, 2012, 01:40 AM
This happens with some routers, especially with marginal signal strength. Which router do you have?

Skoopman
Jun 23, 2012, 02:34 AM
Can you connect wireless over 5 GHz?

RocketRed
Jun 23, 2012, 03:04 AM
I tried replicating the issue.. and I figured out why my internet is slow when bluetooth is on.

My internet is slow DURING the process of bluetooth finding my device.

When it bluetooth is off or when it is connected to my mouse, the internet works just fine.

I am one silly duck.