PDA

View Full Version : 11" vs 13" mid 2012 real usage battery performance

sacricide
Jun 22, 2012, 06:09 PM
Right now I've been researching trying to find good solid number's what people have accomplished on these two machines in battery performance. The air 11" however is seemingly getting 4.3 hours roughly so far and the 13" is around 5.5-6.5 hours (this one has more feedback atm). Can anyone post their new 2012 air usage and brightness levels? Especially with the 11" since the only remaining factor in my purchase now is if there's truly a 2 hour difference at this point. Disregarding apples posted battery usage. Do you believe there's really a huge difference. I'd really like to go 11" if it can compete with its counterpart.

currahee2100
Jun 22, 2012, 06:12 PM
It lasts long enough, and if that isn't a good enough answer, it lasts longer than a lot of laptops on the market.

That being said the 13" Air has the same internals, but because it's physically larger it can hold larger batteries. So yes you do get more battery life out of the 13".

I think the 11" Is a horrible deal, especially given that the MBA is cheaper now. $200 gets you a lot.

mattopotamus
Jun 22, 2012, 06:13 PM
Right now I've been researching trying to find good solid number's what people have accomplished on these two machines in battery performance. The air 11" however is seemingly getting 4.3 hours roughly so far and the 13" is around 5.5-6.5 hours (this one has more feedback atm). Can anyone post their new 2012 air usage and brightness levels? Especially with the 11" since the only remaining factor in my purchase now is if there's truly a 2 hour difference at this point. Disregarding apples posted battery usage. Do you believe there's really a huge difference. I'd really like to go 11" if it can compete with its counterpart.

i use half brightness and am getting more like 5.5 out of my 11" air. I don't really do much more then web search and watch videos and other small tasks.

sacricide
Jun 24, 2012, 06:34 PM
i use half brightness and am getting more like 5.5 out of my 11" air. I don't really do much more then web search and watch videos and other small tasks.

thats pretty impressive actually.

Zzari
Jun 25, 2012, 01:13 AM

That is very impressive. I'm using the 11" i7/256/8 and getting ~4.5 hours with web browsing at 3 bars of brightness.

Monkeyat
Jun 25, 2012, 02:56 AM
Air 11" / i7 / 8GB RAM / 512 GB SSD : battey 4848 mAh

I'll use my Air without power supply mostly for surfing over Internet and note taking during classes.

Right now, I'm getting extraordinary performance for a 11". I was waiting for 5 hours but here are the results :

- with WiFi on and basic Internet surfing : 5h
- without WiFi just for note taking : 7h

As my eyes are VERY sensible to light, I'm almost always using just 1 brightness bar... it the room is too bright, I'll use 3 bars !

I can say that's really very good for my needs :D