Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

max90034

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2010
I recently got weird problem with my fall 2010 MBA 11". I plug it to the charger and the charger light stays green and the Mac shows that it is plugged but does not charge. In fact, it keeps discharging. The only way to get it charging is to put MBA to sleep or to shutdown. Then the light stays green for 5-10 more minutes but after that it switches to orange. If I then wake up computer it continues to charge. But brief disconnection from power brings it back to the green light state.

I tried several Mac chargers and they all do the same so it is not a problem. Also the battery life is normal, not much worser than when it was new.

Any suggestions? I remember reading that there is a way to reset MBA setting by some majic combination of buttons. Could it help?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I recently got weird problem with my fall 2010 MBA 11". I plug it to the charger and the charger light stays green and the Mac shows that it is plugged but does not charge. In fact, it keeps discharging. The only way to get it charging is to put MBA to sleep or to shutdown. Then the light stays green for 5-10 more minutes but after that it switches to orange. If I then wake up computer it continues to charge. But brief disconnection from power brings it back to the green light state.

I tried several Mac chargers and they all do the same so it is not a problem. Also the battery life is normal, not much worser than when it was new.

Any suggestions? I remember reading that there is a way to reset MBA setting by some majic combination of buttons. Could it help?
You could try resetting the SMC.

See the link for troubleshooting MagSafe adapters at the bottom of the CHARGING section of the following link. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.