Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aaron5566

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 23, 2012
I'm hoping to get the new Macbook Air but I'm torn in the decision of getting the 4gb or the 8gb of RAM. I'm going to use this MBA as my primary laptop for doing school work, presentations, skyping, browsing with a minimum of 10 tabs while streaming youtube videos at 720p or 1080p, playing some games occasionally like C.O.D, playing some Facebook games while playing music, watching downloaded movies. Yeah that's what I normally do. I want to play games while listening to streamed music from youtube. I hardly ever edit any photos or vidoes. Can I get the 8gb of RAM version in Apple Retailers or do I need to order it online? Does the 8gb or RAM reduce the battery life?

skuid87

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2012
You're spending around £1000 on a laptop.
Cost of upgrade is £80. It can't be upgraded later.

My view? Unless you really can't afford to lose £80, this is a no brainer! Do it.

It'll be your primary machine anyway. It won't reduce your battery life, only downside is that you'll have to wait a while as it'll have to be ordered online and then shipped to you.

Reactions: adib
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.