PDA

View Full Version : New to iPad...Need a IPSec VPN Client...

JoelBC
Jun 23, 2012, 10:42 AM
Apologies to the extent that this has been asked elsewhere...

I am new to the iPad world having just purchased my first iPad...I am looking for recommendations for an IPSec VPN Client for the iPad and would appreciate the benefit of your experience and expertise.

With much thanks,

Joel

blazeken996
Jun 23, 2012, 10:56 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't L2TP the same as IPSec?

If it is, it's integrated in the iOS system.

JoelBC
Jun 23, 2012, 11:01 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't L2TP the same as IPSec?

If it is, it's integrated in the iOS system.

I do not know as I am new to apple...all I know -- and apologies forbeing naive -- is that I currently have access to my router via an IPSec client and I am looking to a find an iPad client where I can copy the settings across and get thing working simply...

Perhaps someone more knowledgeable with Apple / networking can provide more information and insight into this...

Thanks,

Joel

astrorider
Jun 23, 2012, 11:07 AM
Try the Settings app, General > Network > VPN. Turn it on and add your config

gloss
Jun 23, 2012, 11:08 AM
Settings > Network > VPN. It supports IPSec natively.

JoelBC
Jun 23, 2012, 05:43 PM
Settings > Network > VPN. It supports IPSec natively.

Yes, I see that and will try it later on...the only issue that I might have is that the VPN Client that I am using on my laptop has numerous settings that the iPad does not...hopefully this will NOT be a problem...I will certainly report back...

Thanks,

Joel

wadjj
Jun 24, 2012, 07:10 AM
Yes, I see that and will try it later on...the only issue that I might have is that the VPN Client that I am using on my laptop has numerous settings that the iPad does not...hopefully this will NOT be a problem...I will certainly report back...

Thanks,

Joel

Not a problem for me, My VPN client on pc is from Cisco, what's yours?

ajinc
May 21, 2013, 04:48 PM
Hello JoelBC,
did you every get this resolved I have the same issue where the ipad has far fewer config options than my other pc vpn client "Safenet HaRemote" and I can't get thie ipad to connect to the netgear srx5308 vpn router.

Thnaks for any info