PDA

View Full Version : 13" MBA (2012) or 15" MBP (2011)

mattdo93
Jun 23, 2012, 02:14 PM
Hi guys, as the title says, what do you think is better for a college student to have? Right now I have the late 2011 15" MBP, but with the new processors in the Mac family this year I am thinking of switching to a 13" MBA. Suggestions? :)

GREEN4U
Jun 23, 2012, 02:44 PM
I think a Macbook Air is better for a college student to have but you already have a fine (and very new) computer. It depends how much $$ you have to keep buying new things. If I were you I would keep the Pro, but if you have a lot of money to spend and/or are really concerned about lugging a lot of weight, get the Air. I lugged a 15" Powerbook around for 4 years of college but that's because they didn't have the Air when I was around. I would never do that again. Haha.

Zzari
Jun 23, 2012, 02:54 PM
If you can afford it, get the 13" Air. Lugging around a 15" laptop seems like a hassle to me. I carry around a lot of stuff and every lb counts when you're at school all day.

The only reasons I would consider keeping the 15" are A) you have the high-res version and like the real estate, B) you need the processing power for something, or C) you have trouble reading text on smaller screens.