Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ParadoxArtz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 24, 2012
Right we all know about the new passbook app in ios 6 beta 1, and we know that it currently cant be used. But what I have heard that u have to use 3rd party applications to scan QR Codes for use for passbook, I thought to my self one night when I was in bed that why cant apple use there own default camera app to scan QR Codes we'll just have to wait and see in later beta's.

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA
ios should contain a QR reader? Lets get this man a job at apple. Finally someone who knows whats important. :rolleyes:

CallOfDuty

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2012
While QR codes are almost everywhere (on your wall, on the lamp post, on pamplets) , QR codess is still a gimmick. I don't see myself scanning QR codes on a daily basis.
If I wanted to scan QR codes on the spot, I can simply download a app less than 10mb (or even 5?) from the app store right away.

I'm not a developer, so I don't know how Apple really works. But from my standpoint, Apple doesn't always include stuff that people will not use alot. And I mean on a daily, regular basis.
However, I still agree. Since Apple has put on the passbook feature, it should be logical to put a QR code scanner on it to complement the app. :)

Great idea though. Perhaps it could be implemented as a minor update on iOS 6.1?

Redjericho

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2011
It should contain the ability to wirelessly upgrade the hardware for your device. Just sayin.

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX
as i stated in other threads, im holding out for

1. The ability to print food/items from my device.
2. Time Travel
3. Open a continuous wormhole through out the galaxy for easy tavel. aka portable stargate
4. most importantly a laser beam with auto locking/proximity sensing of Rosie O'Donnell

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
as i stated in other threads, im holding out for

1. The ability to print food/items from my device.
2. Time Travel
3. Open a continuous wormhole through out the galaxy for easy tavel. aka portable stargate
4. most importantly a laser beam with auto locking/proximity sensing of Rosie O'Donnell

iOS will never do those ever, especially the last one. Get a Droid.

:p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.