Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamin00

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 14, 2012
Essex, UK.
Looking for a game in the style of Warcraft etc that I can buy and download and have a little fun with.

Any ideas?

Abathingtj

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2012
United States
Looking for a game in the style of Warcraft etc that I can buy and download and have a little fun with.

Any ideas?

Warcraft as in World of WarCraft or WarCraft Real-Time Strategy.

If you mean World of WarCraft (As in, the MMORPG):

I recommend EvE Online, GREAT Mac compatible MMO with a huge amount of gameplay. Learning curve is a BIT steep but you'll get past it if you follow the tutorial.

Also, try Diablo III, it's not an MMO but it's made by Blizzard and has great Online support and gameplay with other players.

If you mean WarCraft (As in, the RTS):

Try:

StarCraft II or Company of Heroes, both Mac supported and both GREAT Strategy games.

Hope I helped. :)

jamin00

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 14, 2012
Essex, UK.
Warcraft as in World of WarCraft or WarCraft Real-Time Strategy.

If you mean World of WarCraft (As in, the MMORPG):

I recommend EvE Online, GREAT Mac compatible MMO with a huge amount of gameplay. Learning curve is a BIT steep but you'll get past it if you follow the tutorial.

Also, try Diablo III, it's not an MMO but it's made by Blizzard and has great Online support and gameplay with other players.

If you mean WarCraft (As in, the RTS):

Try:

StarCraft II or Company of Heroes, both Mac supported and both GREAT Strategy games.

Hope I helped. :)

Warcraft as in RTS :)

Yes, you helped thanks

TSE

macrumors 68040
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
LoL, Heroes of Newerth, and DoTA 2 are not RTS - but similar. You could check them out, LoL is a pretty fun game.

If you don't mind older games, Age of Empires II: The Conquerors Expansion is considered one of the greatest RTS's, and quite frankly, games of all time. The gameplay is amazing, it's simple enough to where it's fun, but sophisticated enough to where there is a learning curve and different strategies. The combat system is a little too simple (basically rock-paper-scissors), which is the only downfall of the game, but many people still play it 14 years later.

jamin00

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 14, 2012
Essex, UK.
Thanks guys, a good few options for me.

Starcraft I will download as I have always enjoyed that so number 2 will be good Im sure :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.