PDA

View Full Version : davan sends dead ipod

Fender83
Jul 23, 2005, 11:32 AM
i recently traded my psp for a 30gb ipod which is dead, i would not deal with this person if i were u!

doucy2
Jul 23, 2005, 11:35 AM
sorry to hear about your bad encounter

ITASOR
Jul 23, 2005, 11:45 AM
i recently traded my psp for a 30gb ipod which is dead, i would not deal with this person if i were u!

Did you contact that person to resolve the issue before posting?

wnameth
Jul 23, 2005, 12:54 PM
was any money involved, maybe you could get paypal into this. But seriously, contact the seller and the postal service he used, was it insured?

Fender83
Jul 24, 2005, 10:26 AM
yeah it was insured with fedex, does that mean they will have to give me a new one?

rickvanr
Jul 24, 2005, 10:29 AM
Hope you get this resolved shortly.

Of note, I had a transaction with Davan that went fairly smoothly about 6 months ago.

mrgreen4242
Jul 24, 2005, 10:33 AM
yeah it was insured with fedex, does that mean they will have to give me a new one?

It means that, after 60 days (I think), they will cough up the amount it was insured for. The sender will probably have to verify that it was in working order when he shipped it and you will have to verify that it was not working when you got it. After that you will get a check for the declared value.

DJLC
Jul 24, 2005, 10:36 AM
Are you sure it isn't just a simple problem? Like maybe the iPod OS was uninstalled before it shipped? Or anything like that you can fix without much trouble? I remember when I got my SE - the board on the neck of the CRT popped off. Instead of getting the insurance money, I popped it back on and it was good to go.

RGunner
Jul 24, 2005, 10:41 AM
It means that, after 60 days (I think), they will cough up the amount it was insured for. The sender will probably have to verify that it was in working order when he shipped it and you will have to verify that it was not working when you got it. After that you will get a check for the declared value.

Folks, you are kidding yourselves if you think Fed-ex, UPS or USPS will reimburse for a non-working iPod. You have to (with any company) show that the package was damaged (significantly) as well as that the item was 'sufficiently' packed within the damaged package. It is very difficult to collect on a damaged shipment, unless it was completely lost (rarely happens).

Good luck tho with Davan, hope he sees this thread and makes things right.

0s and 1s
Jul 24, 2005, 11:36 AM
Have you tried turning it on?

macmanmatty
Jul 24, 2005, 10:01 PM
Have you tried turning it on?

Wow, Just Wow

Fender83
Jul 25, 2005, 01:58 AM
Have i tried turning it on,.. hmm no i just sit and stare ar it all day (seriously?) lol, it wont even mount on my pc well that probly one prob i have a pc my parents recently got divorced and my dad took my mac :mad: , i really want a mini because i only have 5gb of songs and probly wont be getting any more., so if anybody is interested, maybe you could get it to mount on your computer?, however if anybody knows how to fix this i would greatly appriciate it.

Phat_Pat
Jul 25, 2005, 02:14 AM
My iPod appeared dead one time.

I reliezed that it was because the battery was completely uncharged. Try plugging it into the wall and turning it on.

mkrishnan
Jul 25, 2005, 02:40 AM
Also, have you tried a hard reset? It's kind of a panacea for iPod problems that's at least worth trying before you call it a day. Plug it into the wall charger, then toggle hold on and off (and assuming it's a 3rd gen), press and hold menu and play for 10 seconds....

Fender83
Jul 25, 2005, 02:42 AM
i've been writting in code since i was seven i think i would know if it wasnt charged., besides it shows the pic of the file with the exclmation point. i ran the diagonostics on it (hold previous Next and select) and ran the hdd test and it appears that the hd id dead i also ran the hard drive check thing(previous, menu, next, and select) and it showed the pic of an ipod with a sad face so the hd must be dead. and i'm not paying 175 dollars for a new ipod hd, when i can get a 250gb for my pc at the same price

mkrishnan
Jul 25, 2005, 02:44 AM
i've been writting in code since i was seven i think i would know if it wasnt charged., besides it shows the pic of the file with the exclmation point. i ran the diagonostics on it (hold previous Next and select) and ran the hdd test and it appears that the hd id dead i also ran the hard drive check thing(previous, menu, next, and select) and it showed the pic of an ipod with a sad face so the hd must be dead. and i'm not paying 175 dollars for a new ipod hd, when i can get a 250gb for my pc at the same price

Okay, you know, you wouldn't have gotten the snippy comments if you'd posted useful details like that to begin with. ;)

XNine
Jul 25, 2005, 02:31 PM
Okay, you know, you wouldn't have gotten the snippy comments if you'd posted useful details like that to begin with. ;)

Or have been snippy himself. Seriously, if you want help, help people help you. Don't act like a total ass when people are taking the time to help you out of the kindness of their own hearts.

Since you're so high and mighty and have been coding since you were 7, you should have enough knowledge to figure it out yourself.

I can almsot guarentee 100% what your problem is, but, I'm not willing to help for fear of your poor attitude.

Fender83
Jul 25, 2005, 03:23 PM
your right, however i know it is the hard drive, anyways i'm selling it to some store now so it dosnt matter, thanks for your time.

jeremy.king
Jul 25, 2005, 03:34 PM

Have you tried disk mode and software restore? http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61771

jeremy.king
Jul 25, 2005, 03:37 PM
anyways i'm selling it to some store now so it dosnt matter, thanks for your time.

Actually it does matter...You're accusing someone of being a deadbeat seller, so its important that you have actually exhausted the available troubleshooting steps before you go advertise to the world.

Fender83
Jul 25, 2005, 03:49 PM
i stayed up till about 5 am trying this stuff it wont even mount on my pc, thanks for your efforts but theres nothing that i can do., the site only offered me 50$, i think i might keep it as a paper weight unless someone wants it on here

eva01
Jul 25, 2005, 03:57 PM
I'll take it off your hands if you want.