PDA

View Full Version : Speck case for 11 MBA (anyone have?)

JoJo Zzang
Jun 24, 2012, 05:11 PM
So I have always used Speck cases for my MacBook Pros with zero issues. I am a case kind of guy. I am always throwing photo equipment into my bag and etc and I tend to resell my Macs as great of quality as I had it the first day.

With that being said - I keep hearing some random rumblings in regards with the Speck case for the MBA.

This is the one I am shooting for (yea yea... its orange. They didn't have green. I have too many black cases. Want something different this time. :p) http://www.amazon.com/Speck-SeeThru-Clementine-Releases-SPK-A0362/dp/B004PAO6RY/ref=pd_sbs_e_6

Some of the random things are:
- Clips (sturdiness)
- Flex on the top protector (middle of the top)

Anyone have this case? Now, 99.9% of the things you read on forums and etc are people who complain and have had bad experiences. Products can be defective. So, I am taking it with a grain of salt - with caution nonetheless.

I doubt Speck would make something that damaged the MBA.

Thanks in advance to those who provide a valid response. :D

RocketRed
Jun 24, 2012, 05:16 PM
I used a speck case for my 2011 MBA, it cracked after a few weeks.

I recommend iPearl cases.. it's like speck but they're lighter and feel nicer to hold than speck.

GBlansten
Jun 24, 2012, 05:17 PM
Hope this helps.:)

http://forums.macrumors.com/search.php?searchid=28471022

cvam1985
Jun 24, 2012, 08:25 PM
I used a speck case for my 2011 MBA, it cracked after a few weeks.

I recommend iPearl cases.. it's like speck but they're lighter and feel nicer to hold than speck.

This a thousand times. I spent 50 bucks on a speck and it cracked within days.

I've got to (20 bucks each) of the iPearl and they're way nicer.

mukade
Jun 24, 2012, 08:58 PM
I have had a Speck on my Pro for the last two years with no problems.
I now have a clear on my 13" Air, and expect it to perform just as well.

I should mention I always use a sleeve with the Speck(currently a Thule.)
I use the case to prevent scratching when the air is out, not to prevent it bashing around when it is in my bag.

Overkill? Maybe, but that is probably why I have never had problems with cracking on the Speck.