PDA

View Full Version : General Question about MBA's

Mirari
Jun 24, 2012, 10:26 PM
now i made a decision im going to buy the macbook air and return my ipad. The macbook air im looking at is the 11incher (perfect for a apple beginner i think) and i wanted to know if it will be able to run diablo 3,minecraft and starcraft 2? (the only real games i currently play)

BrownManUPS
Jun 24, 2012, 10:31 PM
SC2 and Diablo will run the computer REALLY hot, and those 11 inchers are made more for writing and doing some basic design work. As you would guess, any computer with integrated graphics will cause some issues with the MBAs. I will say that the games will run and for the most part be decent, just not totally awesome when playing the game.

To be more specific, I think SC2 runs at around 30-40fps. I play GTA:VC on my computer and it runs well too, but those are PS2 graphics ported to a computer. Diablo 3 is probably really intense and would need to be run at lower settings.

Mirari
Jun 24, 2012, 10:43 PM
thanks i just want a mac i keep hearing how great they are and i want to check it out. Trying to get this virtual box lion image to work but sadly its not performing how i thought it would.