PDA

View Full Version : FS/T: *Almost* perfect TiBook - 1GHz / 512MB / 60GB / Superdrive / Applecare

ichoosedeath
Jul 23, 2005, 01:49 PM
The PowerBook was SOLD!!! Thanks for the interest!

Howdy everyone, up on the 'block today I have my beloved Titanium Powerbook. I tried selling on eBay, but I guess the fine folks there weren't really "feeling" it.

This was the last TiBook, at 1GHz, right before they went to Aluminum. The TiBook is in AMAZING shape, with only any real wear to the bottom (mostly the battery 'shell').

Here are the Specs:

Processor: PowerPC G4 @1GHz
Bus Speed: 133MHz
L2 Cache: 256 KB
L3 Cache: 1MB
Memory: 512MB RAM (2x256MB)
Video: 64MB Radeon 9000
Hard Drive: 60GB
Optical Drive: Superdrive
Battery: Lithium Ion - Still holds a 3+ Hour charge
Wifi: Airport Built-in (802.11b)
Applecare: Almost 1 year left

This is a FS/T thread, but I would also consider it a 'feeler', as I have no real idea as to what to ask for this TiBook. hey seem to be quite spotty on eBay, going from anywhere between $1000 all the way up to $1600+. I guess it might have to do with the fact that this is the fastest OS9 bootable laptop Apple ever made. Not quite positive though. At any rate, make me an offer I can't refuse!

As far as trades are considered, I am espically looking for a *different* laptop. I would absolutely consider trading up, or down, or sideways for the matter. That all being said, I will consider any trade you might have, laptop or otherwise (sorry, no eMacs :) ).

PM me, Post Here or eMail me at ichoosedeathatadelphiadotnet

Oh, and before CanadaRAM gets me, here 'go:

Payment: Money Orders and Paypal
References: eBay Username:dnr77
Ship to: Anywhere so long as they realize the consequences of international shipping, as well as the extra costs involved. :)

dsharits
Jul 23, 2005, 02:27 PM
I *might* be willing to do a straight up trade for the iBook in my sig. I'll have to think about it, though.

danny_w
Jul 23, 2005, 03:00 PM
I've got the following pc that I would trade (plus cash) for your laptop. It is the system I was running until I switched to a mac mini in January. It is a great system that I built last summer and have all of the receipts for.

AMD Athlon 2500+
Abit AN7 Motherboard
..nForce Ultra 400 chipset
..AGP4X/8X
..SATA 150 RAID built-in
..6-channel audio built-in
..10/100 LAN
..Firewire
..6 USB2 ports (2 on front)
Black Kingwin Aluminum Case & P/S (really nice!)
Thermaltake Silentboost cpu cooler
512MB Geil matched DDR RAM (2x256)
120GB WD IDE/ATA Hard Drive
Sony 3.5" floppy drive
Sony CD/DVD Drive
DVD+-RW Burner
Sony AIT Tape Drive
GeForce 5900XT Video (w/Video Capture Input)

I just hate to see this beautiful system sitting on my desk and not getting used. I currently have both Windows 2000 and Novell Desktop Linux loaded on this machine, but don't have a ;icensed disk for Win2k. I would consider installing and testing whatever you want on this machine.

ichoosedeath
Jul 23, 2005, 03:29 PM
I've got the following pc that I would trade (plus cash) for your laptop. It is the system I was running until I switched to a mac mini in January. It is a great system that I built last summer and have all of the receipts for.

AMD Athlon 2500+
Abit AN7 Motherboard
..nForce Ultra 400 chipset
..AGP4X/8X
..SATA 150 RAID built-in
..6-channel audio built-in
..10/100 LAN
..Firewire
..6 USB2 ports (2 on front)
Black Kingwin Aluminum Case & P/S (really nice!)
Thermaltake Silentboost cpu cooler
512MB Geil matched DDR RAM (2x256)
120GB WD IDE/ATA Hard Drive
Sony 3.5" floppy drive
Sony CD/DVD Drive
DVD+-RW Burner
Sony AIT Tape Drive
GeForce 5900XT Video (w/Video Capture Input)

I just hate to see this beautiful system sitting on my desk and not getting used. I currently have both Windows 2000 and Novell Desktop Linux loaded on this machine, but don't have a ;icensed disk for Win2k. I would consider installing and testing whatever you want on this machine.

To be honest, I would really like to try and stay in the 'Apple Family.' I have enough PCs to 'deal' with at work; what with all the Active Directories, Netware and other various neulacules (I just made that word up).

Thanks though!

ichoosedeath
Jul 23, 2005, 04:00 PM
I *might* be willing to do a straight up trade for the iBook in my sig. I'll have to think about it, though.

That's okay, you can keep the iBook, thanks a heap for the offer though!

Keep 'em coming!

ichoosedeath
Jul 23, 2005, 09:41 PM
Also, if you have a notebook or anything you'd be willing to trade for my Ti + Cash, we can talk about that too :cool:

ichoosedeath
Jul 24, 2005, 11:36 AM
Got some 'interesting' offers thus far.

If anyone is wondering, I don't need a kayak :cool:

ITASOR
Jul 24, 2005, 11:52 AM
Got some 'interesting' offers thus far.

If anyone is wondering, I don't need a kayak :cool:

How about a sail boat?

ichoosedeath
Jul 24, 2005, 01:10 PM
How about a sail boat?

Depends on the legnth of the vessil.

Someone honestly offered me a Kayak.

reberto
Jul 24, 2005, 01:16 PM
How about the Quicksilver that I want to trade.

Man In Black
Jul 24, 2005, 01:18 PM
I've got a huge bag of smelly garbage here Id be willing to trade :rolleyes:

ichoosedeath
Jul 24, 2005, 01:40 PM
How about the Quicksilver that I want to trade.

I would definately consider it.. PM me with an offer :)

ichoosedeath
Jul 24, 2005, 01:41 PM
I've got a huge bag of smelly garbage here Id be willing to trade :rolleyes:

It depends; is it hot garbage? If it's hot, then I am certainly interested. PM me with an offer :)

ITASOR
Jul 24, 2005, 02:10 PM
It depends; is it hot garbage? If it's hot, then I am certainly interested. PM me with an offer :)

How much would you sell it for, including you coming to my house to bring it here? I know someone that might be interested.

ichoosedeath
Jul 24, 2005, 02:14 PM
How much would you sell it for, including you coming to my house to bring it here? I know someone that might be interested.

To Oneida? I don't know! Make an offer. I like driving :)

Gokhan
Jul 24, 2005, 05:20 PM
1100 shipped to uk no offence intended if its too low u did say offer

ichoosedeath
Jul 24, 2005, 09:25 PM
1100 shipped to uk no offence intended if its too low u did say offer

No offense taken at all :) However, I think it to be pretty darn expensive to ship to the UK.

ichoosedeath
Jul 25, 2005, 10:13 AM
Also contemplating re-ebaying.. So any advice as to price to start, etc, would be greatly apprecaited!

wwooden
Jul 25, 2005, 11:30 AM
Man, I love the Titanium PowerBooks, I still think they are the best design of any computer. Seeing this one makes me miss my old one.

durruti
Jul 25, 2005, 11:40 AM
hi ichoosedeath!

Dang, that's a beautiful labtop. One question. What's the speed on the 60 GB hard drive?

I'd love to trade my 2nd gen. 12" ibook/1ghz/768 RAM/60 GB(bto,4200rpm)/Airport Extreme/Combo [but no applecare] and 200 US dollars.

but i'm in canada. If you were to come local and trade that would be sweet. Or, i'll be on my way down to New York City late August, so if you still got it by then I'd like to trade then. (not a big chance i'm thinking).

What do ya think? Fair deal? More cash? :o

ichoosedeath
Jul 25, 2005, 11:59 AM
hi ichoosedeath!

Dang, that's a beautiful labtop. One question. What's the speed on the 60 GB hard drive?

I'd love to trade my 2nd gen. 12" ibook/1ghz/768 RAM/60 GB(bto,4200rpm)/Airport Extreme/Combo [but no applecare] and 200 US dollars.

but i'm in canada. If you were to come local and trade that would be sweet. Or, i'll be on my way down to New York City late August, so if you still got it by then I'd like to trade then. (not a big chance i'm thinking).

What do ya think? Fair deal? More cash? :o

Definately something to consider... The Laptops HDD runs at 4200RPM, never upgraded or anything..

I live Near Niagara Falls, So not *too* far, and I love Quebec. The deal is *close* but I would like to keep my options open at this point; the thread has only been up a couple of days :)

ichoosedeath
Jul 25, 2005, 12:00 PM
Man, I love the Titanium PowerBooks, I still think they are the best design of any computer. Seeing this one makes me miss my old one.

Make an offer with your AlBook :)

ichoosedeath
Jul 25, 2005, 09:47 PM
I have a definate couple of "Maybes".. But I am still open to offers!

-Drew

wide
Jul 25, 2005, 10:42 PM
damn...how the hell did you keep that pbook in such great shape? no scratches, dings, dents, scuffs...did you use an external keyboard/mouse/screen since you took it out of the box? if i had a computer to offer, i definately would...the only mac i could offer though is a 500 MHz Pismo G3 lol. i'd give you cash, too, but I doubt you'd be interested in such an inferior computer.

ichoosedeath
Jul 25, 2005, 10:46 PM
damn...how the hell did you keep that pbook in such great shape? no scratches, dings, dents, scuffs...did you use an external keyboard/mouse/screen since you took it out of the box? if i had a computer to offer, i definately would...the only mac i could offer though is a 500 MHz Pismo G3 lol. i'd give you cash, too, but I doubt you'd be interested in such an inferior computer.

Awe, thanks buddy.. She was my *first* Powerbook, thusly handled with 'kid gloves.' That being said, the PB Never really even left my house, nor was never even put in a Laptop Bag.

I used it on a little handmade podium, usually with an external Black Pro Keyboard/Mouse. Heck, I never even really shut the top on the thing.

The last few months however, I have been using it in 'couch potato' mode, thusly the few marks you see on the bottom.

I am sure your Pismo is a beaut, but I am thinking something with a little more "Ooomph."

Thanks for the offer however :)

-Drew

ichoosedeath
Jul 26, 2005, 09:53 PM
The PowerBook was SOLD!!! Thanks for the interest! - However, I might be selling my Dell Inspiron 9300 in a few weeks if anyone is interested!

Thanks again!
-Drew