PDA

View Full Version : REmote Control App and Hardweare for iPad 2

rickp1
Jun 25, 2012, 08:42 PM
I'm looking for a good solution / app that will allow me to use my ipad 2 as a universal remote control. I want it to control my direct tv, apple TV and it's features, my sony tv etc.....

thkns
R

SandboxGeneral
Jun 25, 2012, 08:44 PM
I'm looking for a good solution / app that will allow me to use my ipad 2 as a universal remote control. I want it to control my direct tv, apple TV and it's features, my sony tv etc.....

thkns
R

You can already control the Apple TV with Apples Remote app. As for the others, you'd have to look up the brand of device you have on the manufacturers website or check the App Store for any possible software they developed for iOS and see if it works with Bluetooth and/or WiFi.

rickp1
Jun 26, 2012, 02:02 PM
You can already control the Apple TV with Apples Remote app. As for the others, you'd have to look up the brand of device you have on the manufacturers website or check the App Store for any possible software they developed for iOS and see if it works with Bluetooth and/or WiFi.

I thought about that an even looked at the app store but too many apps show up.

I found and heard of solutions that maybe some here can tell me about. IRule and redEye I think. How are those?

poloponies
Jun 26, 2012, 02:29 PM

thkns
R

I have the L5 which works really well. I paid $20 from a Woot deal a while back.

http://www.l5remote.com/