Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nonono

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2012
Tried out a little test today with Do Not Disturb. While it was enabled with only allowing favorites to come through I *67 my number to see if the phone would send it to voicemail. It didn't! The call came through.

Just wondering if you guys can give this a try and see what results you get. Hopefully this will be fixed.

Nonono

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2012
I was meaning for people to try this with their own phones.

*Calypso*

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2011
Germany
Had the same issue. To me DND mode makes no sense if blocked calls still come through. I hope Apple fixes this in the final release.

Futhark

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2011
Northern Ireland
That's a bad mistake. That's the type of number I definitely don't want disturbed by. I don't answer withheld numbers at the best of times.

Ste Nova

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2012
LL22, UK
i'd be happy if i could just set blocked calls to make no noise! on my classic nokia the default ring tone is non and everyone is allocated a ring tone = blocked dont even ring :)

daviddth

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2009
Australia
While this is an error that needs to be fixed, I think I have received a blocked call maybe 4 times in my entire 4 years of owning an iPhone. And zero on my cell phones before that. So I'm not particularly worried...

I get them all the time here and it annoys me. Honestly 2-3 a week would not be that uncommon, plus a few people I know have blocked or private numbers and they always manage to call me when I'm in bed after nightshift lol

frunkis54

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2009
yes this is a issue since ios6 came out. I noticed it the second or third day and sent in a bug report so they are aware of it.

grantsdale

macrumors 6502a
May 11, 2008
By 'come through' do you mean the phone actually rings? If so, that's bizarre.

Or are you under the impression that DND means your phone is effectively turned off and calls are denied/blocked?

if its the second one, DND doesn't do what you think it does. All it does it not alert you when calls/messages come in.

Nonono

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2012
By 'come through' do you mean the phone actually rings? If so, that's bizarre.

Or are you under the impression that DND means your phone is effectively turned off and calls are denied/blocked?

if its the second one, DND doesn't do what you think it does. All it does it not alert you when calls/messages come in.

Yes the phone rings. Feel free to try it for yourself.

kevo1011

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2010
Can you set days with different times or is it just times? It would be nice to have the ability to set specific days with times.

*Calypso*

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2011
Germany
Can you set days with different times or is it just times? It would be nice to have the ability to set specific days with times.

No, just times at the moment. I would prefer a more advanced setting too. It's kind of annoying if your phone goes dead silent at 10 pm on a weekend while you're out partying. :D

But I am almost certain that Apple will include this + geofencing in the final release. Otherwise it would just be too inconsistent compared to the alarm clock and reminders.

0penCr8

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2012
California, USA
No, just times at the moment. I would prefer a more advanced setting too. It's kind of annoying if your phone goes dead silent at 10 pm on a weekend while you're out partying. :D

But I am almost certain that Apple will include this + geofencing in the final release. Otherwise it would just be too inconsistent compared to the alarm clock and reminders.
Agreed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.