Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMacFarlane

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 5, 2012
Adrift in a sea of possibilities
Wasn't sure if this was the right forum for this or not, but I am running Lion and didn't see this problem under Snow Leopard.

If safari pulls up a pdf from a website, the only way I can print it is if I save it first.

If I right click the pdf in the browser and select 'print', or if I click the adobe floating toolbar's printer icon (shows when you hover over the lower portion of a pdf in your browser window) a print dialog box appears, which I configure and confirm. Then my printer shows up on the dock, and fails with 'error printing'.

If, instead, I save the pdf to my harddrive, then double click the file, then select print from the preview menubar, a slightly different print dialog box appears, which I configure and confirm. Then my document gets printed successfully.

What on Earth?

I am an Amazon retailer, and each mailing label/receipt gets processed as a pdf. I'm still in business but this saving/naming/printing/deleting files business is mucking up the workflow.

Ideas?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.