Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Futhark

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 12, 2011
Northern Ireland
Is anyone else having issues with iTunes Match & Smart Playlists? I've created a Playlist with 1000 songs, these are my most played songs and I also created the rule music only and no videos are allowed in this playlist. When I look at the playlist in iTunes it's perfect but when I goto my iPhone or iPad it includes videos and the songs don't match up to those in iTunes?

It defeats the reason of me purchasing iTunes Match because I end up turning it off and syncing with iTunes to get the proper Smart Playlist.

Anyone else have this problem or even better know a solution on how to fix it :)

csjo00

macrumors regular
May 17, 2010
Arkansas
You're not the only one with this problem. And it's not exclusive to iTunes Match. It's a problem in iOS 5 that's been there since 5.0. There are many "solutions" out on the web and here that haven't worked for me. I guess we're just stuck with it until Apple realizes it's a bug, or there is a fix in Cydia (if you've jailbroken).

Futhark

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 12, 2011
Northern Ireland
You're not the only one with this problem. And it's not exclusive to iTunes Match. It's a problem in iOS 5 that's been there since 5.0. There are many "solutions" out on the web and here that haven't worked for me. I guess we're just stuck with it until Apple realizes it's a bug, or there is a fix in Cydia (if you've jailbroken).

It's not fixed in iOS 6 either then ;) I've googled this before with no luck. What were the suggestions?

csjo00

macrumors regular
May 17, 2010
Arkansas
It's not fixed in iOS 6 either then ;) I've googled this before with no luck. What were the suggestions?

I can't remember them exactly. They were mostly changing the sort order to something along the lines of most recently added. Or "Copy to Play Order" or something similar. I just googled "ios 5 smart playlist out of order". It's been a while since I last researched it, but nevertheless, I never found a solution that works for me. Best of luck!

CosmoPilot

macrumors 68000
Nov 8, 2010
South Carolina
Wirelessly posted

Here's what I do for smart playlists.

I create the smart playlist, and also a regular playlist. Once the smart list is set, I select all the media content inside it and send it to the normal playlist.

Every month or so, I remove all the music from the regular playlist and then repeat the copy procedures above.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.