Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kukheart

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 22, 2003
Dallas
I feel odd. I walked into Best Buy today and walked out empty handed, not b/c I didn't have the money, just that there was nothing that I really needed. I have a new Powerbook which I love, a nice TV with 5.1 surround sound, a decent digital camera, nice external hard drive, all the computer stuff that I need really. I have the Bose ipod sound dock, a cool cell phone, I have a 3rd gen ipod, when the 5th gen comes out, I'll buy one but I don't feel the need to get one now. My ? is, I'm pretty well set in the eletronics dept for the next 3 years or so, or is there something that I'm forgetting? I'm not saying I'm made out of money b/c belive me I'm not but I just can't think of anything else that I really need.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
kukheart said:
I feel odd. I walked into Best Buy today and walked out empty handed, not b/c I didn't have the money, just that there was nothing that I really needed. I have a new Powerbook which I love, a nice TV with 5.1 surround sound, a decent digital camera, nice external hard drive, all the computer stuff that I need really. I have the Bose ipod sound dock, a cool cell phone, I have a 3rd gen ipod, when the 5th gen comes out, I'll buy one but I don't feel the need to get one now. My ? is, I'm pretty well set in the eletronics dept for the next 3 years or so, or is there something that I'm forgetting? I'm not saying I'm made out of money b/c belive me I'm not but I just can't think of anything else that I really need.
You could try saving some of that money to put toward something new and crazy in the future. What w/ the dollar becoming so weak, and inflation on the rise-- saving a few bucks might be beneficial when you find yourself wanting to upgrade in a year or two.

Or you could get a car. Didn't see it mentioned in your post.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
kukheart said:

You could get ME something. :p :p

Just send it to 123 Fake Street.. Houston, TX...

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
now why do you only have a 5.1 soundsystem, comeon get with the 21st century, you have to have at least a 6.1 soundsystem :p

that is what you shoulda bought a new soundsystem

20rogersc

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2005
Brighton, UK
How about some smaller accessories for your new powerbook. Have you got a case? If not why not one of those, they're reasonably cheap, and are very useful.

How about an iCurve/iLap, something like that, or a bluetooth keyboard and mouse to make it more of an desktop computer when you are at home?

Some suggestions, hope they help.

::20ROGERSC::

Dafke

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2005
kukheart said:

Here are some idea's of what you could do with the money that's burning in your pocket:

wwf
amnesty international
docters without borders

Even small (periodical) donations will be welcome!

mpopkin

macrumors 6502
Nov 14, 2003
Chapel Hill, NC
how cool of an phone, maybe try a pda phone or one of those concept phones, if you really want to be cutting edge, buy a HD Camcorder and a Firestore FS-4 Digital Recorder to replace MiniDV Tapes and record at broadcast quality or maybe buy a iPod shuffle, have ur powerbook painted by colorware, hmm. the possibilities are endless
Good Luck

kukheart said:

CiBoys

macrumors regular
May 13, 2005
San Francisco
kukheart said:
I have pretty much all that too... seems like your missing a Apple HD display :) 5.1? BOoooo is time for you to upgrade to a 7.1 Bose suround system. or maye the 2 computer speaker from Bang & Olufsen, thats what i'm getting next, my i suggenst the black one :) would these look nice next to your 17" PB ? 3,000 for 2 speakers.

minimax

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2005
perhaps you could start saving for that amazng optimus keyboard? I understood from the thread about it it will be available next year.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Get an O2 Smartphone because they're awesome, but if your phone is more wicked-er than that, then I suggest you stop walking and get yourself a Segway scooter. :p

Bluetooth everything.

A bluetooth car kit for your car. That way you can use BT between your mobile, your car, and your BT headset with no problems.

wPod

macrumors 68000
Aug 19, 2003
Denver, CO
i have actually run into the same problem a couple of times. not only at best buy, but comp-screw-sa and Fry's electronics. there just isnt a new cutting edge technology anymore. everything has been out for a while, nothing new and innovative has come out recently. maybe its just time to save money until the macintels come out. i do have one idea though, you didnt mention you had this. but a DVR (ie TiVo) its the coolest and easiest way to watch tv. it records all of your favorite shows and allows you to watch them whenever you want. there are also a variety of external boxes that connect through firewire to the mac that allow you to record TV onto your mac. that is something i have wanted ever since i switched cable providers and no longer have a DVR. you watch TV in a completely different manner once you get one. other than that i think its time to save money and wait for the macintels or a videopod!!

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Oh how I wish I was you.

Yesterday I lost my mobile, and now I have to get another mobile, so that's something new. I got a SE T630 because it was cheap (around $110 USD with no contract or lock on the phone). My lost K700i still costs around $230 USD there, so I'm punishing myself by not getting something newer. It was completely my fault, after all.

But you've gotta love Hong Kong stores, and my relatives who are willing to mail it to me. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.