Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bluesfan1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 26, 2012
Hello, and thank you for reading this and any assistance you can render in advance. I have an iPod Touch 4th gen. running on firmware 4.3.1 (I think). The Touch is my lifeline and i use it ALL the time for just about everything. Last night I was trying to access public WiFi at a chain restaurant/bar and was unable to get online. No big deal, butever since then my Touch is stuck at the Apple logo no matter what I do, and occasionally it will flash the white screen, I can get it into recovery mode, but the BIG problem is that I have photos and videos of my infant son on it that are priceless memories that I don't want to lose if at all possible.

Is there ANY way to 'unbrick' or get past the recovery mode so as not to lose my photos and videos ( I could care less about the apps and music). One final problem (as if it wasn't bad enough already right?) is that I haven't synced the Touch in a LONG time because of an old desktop that I had my original Apple account on when I got my 1st. gen Touch some years ago. There are hard drive space problems, etc. but I digress. I just need to know if there is ANY way to recover my photos and videos. I see 'data recovery' software of course but most of that seems to be a crapshoot and I don't know anything about jailbreaking and this device has never been jailbroken.

P.S. Apple's 'official' position per a retail store is that I'm screwed and have to reformat completely....I'd LOVE to prove them wrong :)

Help!!!

Bluesfan1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 26, 2012
Yes I know....thanks.

----------

Would jailbreaking or any other software help in any way?

Yes I know....thanks.

----------

Would jailbreaking or any other software help in any way?

No, Sorry, how would you "JAILBREAK" now with your Device Stuck?, i know the SOLUTION for (jailbroken stuck on apple logo) which lets you enter the -built-in-jailbreak- Safe mode and delete the thing caused the problem, in your case...i think you should procced ReFormatting Now :|

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.