PDA

View Full Version : Asphalt 7. Is this the best racing game on Retina Display

rahul247rocks
Jun 26, 2012, 04:03 PM
Hey Guys,
As you know Asphalt 7 just got released and it's creating a wildfire among the gaming communities. Some say the graphics are just too good. Do you think this is the best looking racing game for the retina display. Please share your views about asphalt 7. I am currently at level 13 and progressing fast in the career mode.

dancj
Jun 26, 2012, 04:25 PM
I haven't got it yet as I'm still partway through Asphalt 6, but I have seen a couple of reviews moaning that it doesn't have retina display on the new iPad.

Is this really true? or is it a halfway resolution like Infinity Blade II?

NutsNGum
Jun 26, 2012, 04:30 PM
The OP reads like a bad marketing speil.

wadjj
Jun 27, 2012, 04:03 AM
Bollocks, Real Racing 2 is the best, Asphalt 7 is just another money sucker from Gameloft

rahul247rocks
Jun 27, 2012, 05:44 AM
I haven't got it yet as I'm still partway through Asphalt 6, but I have seen a couple of reviews moaning that it doesn't have retina display on the new iPad.

Is this really true? or is it a halfway resolution like Infinity Blade II?
Yes, its not completely optimized for the retina display...but the overall graphics is better than Real Racing 2....the reflections are too good....:)

dancj
Jun 27, 2012, 03:56 PM
Cheers. Sounds like I want to wait until I've finished Asphalt 6.

How is Real Racing 2? I know it's massively loved, but I've never liked the 'serious' racing apps as much as the silly arcade ones. Is Real Racing 2 fun or too po-faced?

MacRumorUser
Jun 27, 2012, 06:01 PM
Yes, its not completely optimized for the retina display...but the overall graphics is better than Real Racing 2....the reflections are too good....:)

Err no. It is no where near as good looking as Real Racing 2 HD, in fact it's arguably poorer looking than Asphalt 6.

Likewise the gameplay is tired, dated and of the usual gameloft standard.... That being generally average at best, piss poor at worst. If this had been more than 0.79c I would have asked for a refund!

gorskiegangsta
Jul 1, 2012, 04:56 PM

I beg to differ. Here's a screen of RR2 and A7H. Judge for yourself.

rahul247rocks
Jul 4, 2012, 01:58 PM
The reflections are simply awesome. :D

dancj
Jul 4, 2012, 04:54 PM
I beg to differ. Here's a screen of RR2 and A7H. Judge for yourself.
I just got Real Racing 2 in the sale yesterday. I haven't got Asphalt 7, but compared with Asphalt 6, RR2 has much more realistic cars and better reflections, and more realistic physics, but the scenery is dull and stiff and there's not as much feeling of speed (which is probably more realistic). Asphalt 6 on the other hand has much more variety and interest in the scenery and much more feeling of speed.

From what I've seen so far I prefer the graphics in Asphalt 6, but it's purely down to personally taste.