Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

finalcoolman

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2005
Have updates ever been released on a Sunday?

Edit: Just looked through the buyers guide. An update has NEVER been done before (in recent Buyer's Guide history) on a weekend so don't get your hopes up.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
finalcoolman said:
Have updates ever been released on a Sunday?

Edit: Just looked through the buyers guide. An update has NEVER been done before (in recent Buyer's Guide history) on a weekend so don't get your hopes up.

updates are usually tuesdays... but steve may want to switch it up!

"If I release it 2 days early, I'll have Apple freaks the world over ordering with irrational exuberance! Muahaha!"

:D

pknz

macrumors 68020
Mar 22, 2005
NZ
*Refresh* Its *Refresh* exciting *Refresh* isn't *Refresh* it? *Refresh*

finalcoolman

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2005
katie ta achoo said:
updates are usually tuesdays... but steve may want to switch it up!

"If I release it 2 days early, I'll have Apple freaks the world over ordering with irrational exuberance! Muahaha!"

:D

As I said in another thread, just because they have never done a weekend release, what is stopping them from trying to see if it will actually be better for them.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
Sunday morning is their normal maintenance window. But tossing in a little update or two for a change would be fun :)

pknz

macrumors 68020
Mar 22, 2005
NZ
We are busy updating the store for you and will be back within the hour.

Only 20mins left since first seen...

*Refresh**Refresh**Refresh**Refresh**Refresh**Refresh*

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
pknz said:
Only 20mins left since first seen...

*Refresh**Refresh**Refresh**Refresh**Refresh**Refresh*
Hate to burst your bubble.. but it was "first seen" earlier than this thread was started... sigh, I'm still hoping though.

pknz

macrumors 68020
Mar 22, 2005
NZ
Hate to burst your bubble.. but it was "first seen" earlier than this thread was started... sigh, I'm still hoping though.

But thats even better, the one hour will be over sooner. Or else I will sue. Apple has 7minutes.

First seen posted 8:11pm NZT, time now 9:04NZT

pknz

macrumors 68020
Mar 22, 2005
NZ
Yep, now 9:14. 3 minutes over the hour. Time to call the lawyer and file a complain about misrepresentation and false advertising.

The way I see it, IBM must be behind it as it is another of those 3GHz myths.

pknz

macrumors 68020
Mar 22, 2005
NZ
Haha.

Although I must say its quite a nice Vista of the Apple Store with the yellow post it note. It really brings clarity to the world so you can focus on what matters to you.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
itgoesbuzz said:
i hope this ends soon i wanna go to bed, its 530 in the morn here.

Haha, you're staying up just to see what's happening?

I'd laugh so hard if it were down for a day or two (although that would NEVER EVER HAPPEN EVER, it'd be funny to see a mac geek sitting next to the computer, constantly refreshing. Bloodshot eyes, coffee, in your bathrobe.. haha)

itgoesbuzz

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2005
royal oak, mi
katie ta achoo said:
Haha, you're staying up just to see what's happening?

I'd laugh so hard if it were down for a day or two (although that would NEVER EVER HAPPEN EVER, it'd be funny to see a mac geek sitting next to the computer, constantly refreshing. Bloodshot eyes, coffee, in your bathrobe.. haha)

actually i work midnights and usually id still be at work but its my night off, but i am tired, but since this happened im intrigued.

plus i got my powerbook today so ive been playing with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.