Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OldManJimbo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
California Coast
Maybe I'm brain dead, but I can't seem to figure out how to:

Create a Pages document on my iPad and make it available on my MacBook through iCloud.

I write something using the iPad on a plane, train or automobile and want it waiting for me when I fire up the Mac back in the office.

Short of emailing it to myself, which is lame? How do I do this? DropBox doesn't seem to be a solution as it isn't a choice on the SHARE menu for Pages on the iPad.

Help?

shelob8888

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2009
If you create a document on your iPad in Pages, it will automatically be pushed to iCloud if you have it enabled in settings>pages>Use iCloud.

Then you go to iCloud.com from your computer, log in, and click iWork, and run through the steps if you haven't yet of connecting your mobile Pages and your desktop version of Pages... This is the only way to 'sync' your documents between the two (vice versa to upload them to you iCloud from your computer).

hope that helps!

OldManJimbo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
California Coast
OK - helpful -- I found a dozen or so docs from the iPad resting on (or in) the cloud.

Then logged into iCloud.com, clicked iWork and found the docs -

So, to move them from iCloud to my Mac, I download each file to Safari and then save it to the appropriate folder in My Documents.

Is that correct?

shelob8888

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2009
So, to move them from iCloud to my Mac, I download each file to Safari and then save it to the appropriate folder in My Documents.

actually when you click on the document it will ask you where/how you want to download the file. it is all one step.

OldManJimbo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
California Coast
Hmm - Clicking on the document in the iWork screen, gives me the choice of Pages/PDF/Word -- selecting Pages, gives me 10 secs of a spinning wheel and swoosh it downloads to the Safari downloads folder - no choice on where.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.