Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheMTtakeover

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 3, 2011
say I download an MP3 from an e-mail attachment and safari, when it downloads my phone then plays it. Once I close that quicktime player is there anyway to re-acess my download? Without jail breaking would be preferred. My phone has been jailbroken and I finally just went back to stock iOS.

Nanasaki

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2010
say I download an MP3 from an e-mail attachment and safari, when it downloads my phone then plays it. Once I close that quicktime player is there anyway to re-acess my download? Without jail breaking would be preferred. My phone has been jailbroken and I finally just went back to stock iOS.

I believe it just opens the QuickTime and streaming it online. It doesn't download to anywhere. You would want use some programs, for example, Download HD or Dropbox. Those programs has its own music player, so you can listen to music from that app. The problem is that you cannot import those song directly to music app on iPad. You need download it again from your PC/ Mac, the you need import from iTunes.

TheMTtakeover

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 3, 2011
I believe it just opens the QuickTime and streaming it online. It doesn't download to anywhere. You would want use some programs, for example, Download HD or Dropbox. Those programs has its own music player, so you can listen to music from that app. The problem is that you cannot import those song directly to music app on iPad. You need download it again from your PC/ Mac, the you need import from iTunes.

Gotcha, Thanks for your answer! I really wish iOS had a solution to this, hell even my kindle fire lets me download files and later transfer them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.