Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ijen0311

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 4, 2009
I received my Bodyguardz back protector for my 13" today.

I like the material, but the cut fit ever so barely around the feet and screws. I was worried it wouldn't fit properly but I shifted it around enough to make it work.

My only complaint is some ugly bubbles that remain and the fact that the provided squeegee damage the material. Their site says I need to give the bubbles 5 days to come out, so we'll see. It also came with thin side strips for the sides which were painless to apply.

Anyone else have one? How does it look after "curing"?

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
The only time I bought a BodyGuardz was in 08 for my unibody MacBook. I hated it. Peeled it off after a day and ordered a BestSkinsEver. Not sure why I didn't go that route in the first place. So much better. I had already been using them on my iPhone and iPhone 3G and since then on that MacBook, 6th gen. Nano, iPad, and iPad 2. IMHO they are the best skin maker. Best cuts, easiest apply.

Now with any skin there will be bubbles for a few days. Usually 48 hrs. But shouldn't be any "damage" to the skin.

Tremulant

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2012
US
I had BodyGuardz clear film for my Macbook Pro for a long time, and recently I switched to their carbon fiber skin (which looks amazing). I loved the clear film on my Macbook. It felt really well protected and I loved the added grip it gave. It was tough to install and I too ended up with some bubbles. They do go away eventually, but it took more like 10 days for some of them to clear up. Just be patient with it, I kept mine on for a good year and loved it!

Groovadelic

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2012
I've been using BestSkinsEver for most of my devices. Used other companies and have come back to BestSkins.

One tip I can give is use a lot of liquid. I was scared to use too much on the first few attempts but I've now found if you just soak the skin it works so much better.

Also, I've learned not to use a squeegee or anything that could scrap or stretch the skin. I now only use my fingers.
Don't worry, you will be surprised at how much the bubbles will disappear once it dries. I used alot off water and was extra careful about not scrapping the skin that it took probably two weeks before they were completely gone on my last MacBook Air install.

Last edited:

ijen0311

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 4, 2009
This is where I'm at (it's been 2 days). I'm hoping these will clear.

df0d36d4.jpg

Tremulant

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2012
US
This is where I'm at (it's been 2 days). I'm hoping these will clear.

Yeah, those should clear up no problem. Like I said though, it could take up to 10 days. If you're a bit impatient (like me) you could try and muscle them out a bit with your fingers. Clear protectors are hella tough to install on macbooks, so if those are the only bubbles you ended up with, then kudos to you my friend.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.