PDA

View Full Version : Simple Speaker Setup for TV

JeffNewland
Jun 26, 2012, 09:59 PM
Hey everyone, I'm looking to add better sound quality to a Panasonic plasma without the use of an amp.

Would bookshelf speakers be an option?

Thanks,
Jeff

Destroysall
Jun 27, 2012, 01:53 AM
Hey everyone, I'm looking to add better sound quality to a Panasonic plasma without the use of an amp.

Would bookshelf speakers be an option?

Thanks,
Jeff

No. Bookshelf speakers require either an external amp or a receiver to operate properly. If you are looking for powered speakers, you can use the Audioengine USA A5+ (http://audioengineusa.com/Store/Audioengine-5-Plus#overview).

Boyd01
Jun 27, 2012, 07:15 AM
I use a pair of 5" Samson powered studio monitors that I already had. They have a pretty big selection of powered speakers at Guitar Center, starting with inexpensive 4" models. If there's a store nearby, you might find a bargain in their clearance section.

A subwoofer is also a nice thing to have. I got an inexpensive "open box" unit at Best Buy.

Destroysall
Jun 28, 2012, 08:33 AM
^^O_o?? Okay....

Boyd01
Jun 28, 2012, 12:18 PM
Does that comment refer to the post which is no longer here? That was a weird one. It looked like somebody used Google to translate my post into another language, then translated it back into English with amusing results.

Thought it might be a spam-bot so I reported it to the mods and now it's gone. ;)