PDA

View Full Version : Sleeve (seperate) for Power Adaptor?

oxfordguy
Jun 27, 2012, 06:52 AM
Does anyone know of a neoprene sleeve (or similar) that would fit (only, or perhaps with a display adaptor) the Macbook Air Power Adaptor snuggly (not necessarily with the mains lead extension - as the version of this with the UK plug I have is quite bulky - I don't mind carrying this outside of the sleeve)?

I have just ordered a Joli Originals black/green leather sleeve for my Macbook Air 13", but would like something to carry my power adaptor in to avoid it getting all scratched-up in my bag.

Also something similar for my Superdrive would be nice, I know SF Bags do one (http://www.sfbags.com/products/superdrive-sleeve/superdrive-sleeve.php ), but it would be expensive to ship to the UK ($25 - same as the cost of the sleeve!), but there must be other pouches that would fit?

I tend to carry my laptops around in all sorts of different bags (cycle panniers, backpacks, messenger bags), so don't want a dedicated "laptop bag", rather just protection for my devices so I can sling them in any bag.

infectedfall
Jun 27, 2012, 07:08 AM
Does anyone know of a neoprene sleeve (or similar) that would fit (only, or perhaps with a display adaptor) the Macbook Air Power Adaptor snuggly (not necessarily with the mains lead extension - as the version of this with the UK plug I have is quite bulky - I don't mind carrying this outside of the sleeve)?

I have just ordered a Joli Originals black/green leather sleeve for my Macbook Air 13", but would like something to carry my power adaptor in to avoid it getting all scratched-up in my bag.

Also something similar for my Superdrive would be nice, I know SF Bags do one (http://www.sfbags.com/products/superdrive-sleeve/superdrive-sleeve.php ), but it would be expensive to ship to the UK ($25 - same as the cost of the sleeve!), but there must be other pouches that would fit?

I tend to carry my laptops around in all sorts of different bags (cycle panniers, backpacks, messenger bags), so don't want a dedicated "laptop bag", rather just protection for my devices so I can sling them in any bag.

You care about getting your power adaptor scratched up? You can't be serious :confused:

oxfordguy
Jun 27, 2012, 07:27 AM
You care about getting your power adaptor scratched up? You can't be serious :confused:

Why not? My 4 year-old Macbook Pro one looks like its been kicked around a parking lot, yet the Macbook Pro itself is virtually pristine, just seems a shame. Also, they're not cheap to replace, if damaged, so why not protect it? I'm not wanting a napa leather case for it, just some basic cheap sleeve.

Bobby.e
Jun 27, 2012, 08:05 AM
I just ordered a Timbuk2 Escape Sleeve. I am in the U.S. though.

oneMadRssn
Jun 27, 2012, 08:33 AM
I wrapped one of my chargers in gaffers tape. I did it to add friction so it doesn't slide down on my slightly tilted desk, but it would also protect it from scratches. Gaffers tape usually peels off pretty clean (unlike duct tape or electrical tape) but even if it doesn't some goo-gone and rubbing alcohol will easily take care of that.

ijen0311
Jun 27, 2012, 08:50 AM
Ziplock bag?

glen e
Jun 27, 2012, 08:51 AM
Waterfield cable bag -two sided...

garfey
Jun 27, 2012, 08:54 AM
Might be able to get a soft camera case or something mate, found this one (http://www.amazon.co.uk/AmazonBasics-Pocket-Storage-Suitable-Camcorders/dp/B004H3XNB4/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1340804960&sr=1-2) on Amazon: Product Dimensions are: 13.3 x 8 x 3.2 cm so doubt it will fit, but I'm sure you can find one that will.

Garf

oxfordguy
Jun 27, 2012, 09:44 AM
Waterfield cable bag -two sided...

Unfortunately Waterfield charge at least $25 to ship to the UK, though :-(

Senseotech
Jun 27, 2012, 10:30 AM
I just ordered a Timbuk2 Escape Sleeve. I am in the U.S. though.

Makes two of us! Got mine yesterday, and its quite nice. Now I just need my MBA to get here so I have something to put into my fancy new sleeve!

garfey
Jun 27, 2012, 11:57 AM
What about using military webbing pouches to carry it in... they have a load on here:

http://www.tactical-kit.co.uk/bulle-molle-gear-14-c.asp

Or just google "molle webbing pouch" or go on ebay. Good thing about the molle stuff is you can get it in black.. UK stuff either comes in DPM or Multicam (and look a bit too military for the office).

Garf

Bobby.e
Jun 27, 2012, 07:15 PM
Makes two of us! Got mine yesterday, and its quite nice. Now I just need my MBA to get here so I have something to put into my fancy new sleeve!

Do you like it? Mine comes tommorrow.