PDA

View Full Version : MBA Internet is broken after Migration Assistant

jmgag03
Jun 27, 2012, 08:17 AM
Hey guys I just got a 2012 13in MBA. The internet worked fine before I used migration assistant, but once I moved over my data from my 2010 MBP it stops working.

I restored it once, and then decided to not move over the old settings hoping that is what caused the problem, but after a second time using Migration Assistant it still won't connect.

One weird glitch is that the internet works in recovery mode, but not with any of the users.

Anyone have any ideas?

KPOM
Jun 27, 2012, 08:39 AM
What specifically isn't working? Are you connecting through Wi-Fi or Ethernet? If your wi-fi network isn't being detected, try removing it from System Preferences and reinstalling it. What type of Mac are you migrating from, and what OS was on it? Usually Migration Assistant works without a hitch, but sometimes a leap from an old Mac to a new one moves some settings over.

If you create a new user profile, can it access the internet? If so, maybe it is a setting in your user profile that is causing the issue.

jmgag03
Jun 27, 2012, 09:01 AM
It connects to wife and can share a screen with another mac, but won't connect to the internet. No profiles can connect to the internet.

Im migrating from a Mid 2010 17in MBP using Lion.

kodeman53
Jun 27, 2012, 09:25 AM
Exactly which options did you check to migrate?