Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johnbro23

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 12, 2004
Pittsburgh, PA
Do you think iPod Mini updates are imminent? Its hard to tell with the buyer's guide getting confusing with all the iPod lines. The iPod Mini's look like such a good deal right now anyways, with the $200 price point and the extra long battery life. So let me know what you think. Thanks.

AcousticDoc

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2005
I like my ipod mini. buy it if you want it now. the only real big improvement for waiting would screen color.

tsk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2004
Wisconsin
johnbro23 said:
Do you think iPod Mini updates are imminent? Its hard to tell with the buyer's guide getting confusing with all the iPod lines. The iPod Mini's look like such a good deal right now anyways, with the $200 price point and the extra long battery life. So let me know what you think. Thanks.

I asked this same question a week ago and got no good answers. My own opinion is the iPod Mini will probably get an update around October. I'm only basing this on the fact that the student union promotion expires late September and they probably want something fresh out for the holiday buying season.

mashinhead

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2003
seeing as how they're giving them away. i say hold out, i see a new one in late Aug./ early sept. 8gb hd.

VanMac

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2005
Rampaging Tokyo
If it does what you need, just buy it.

I picked up my first IPod 5 weeks ago. I love it. Cant imagine how I did without one.

Get it and enjoy it. If they update them, big deal. It's core purpose is to play music for you to listen to. It does that very well.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
I'd guess--only guess--that there will be new Minis by Christmas, but not right away. So it depends how soon you want one.

I'd love a Mini with the color screen, and it seems likely that the next one might have that.

Zukatah

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2005
Montréal, Qc
Or you could buy one on eBay with the students taking advantage of the Student Union promotion, I'm sure there are some good deals out there!

Got my iPod last Wednesday and it's already part of my life, I just love to be able to listen to whatever I want without having to carry loads of CDs! But I miss my 45hrs battery life I got in my discman though.. it's a trade-off!

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
I think they'll get an update next January. I don't see Apple planning on introducing new models before the Christmas shopping season. To most consumers, the 6GB iPod mini in 3 new colors is about as new as they think it'll be although to die-hard mac news reading fans, it seems pretty old.

Cue

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2005
Edinburgh, UK
What about the introduction of an 8Gb model and the phase out of the 4Gb one rumors?

I'm sure I read it in macrumors a few weeks ago...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.