Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rockisdead

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 30, 2010
This cost me C$642,including 2011 Mac mini basic version with 4GB ram installed,apple wireless keyboard,track pad,macbook superdrive,logitech wireless mouse,HDMI cable,HDMI-DVI cable,bootcamp cd-rom.It is my first mac,spent a few days play around,still learn how to use it,been using windows for 20+ years.

Waiting for new iMac coming out next year. :apple:

paulsdenton

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2010
Barton, Vermont USA
I did too

The day after the lack of a real update to the Mac Pro or iMac became apparent. I needed more horsepower to run CS6 Design and Web Premium than my old (2007) Mini could provide. RAM in particular. It will hold me until updated iMac's or Mac Pro's become available. I was seeing the spinning beach ball far too often.

So far with 8GB almost no beach ball. It is actually a very nice computer. I paid $563 US for the computer but I already had a mighty mouse and trackpad.

I would add that the transfer of everything from the old Mini went absolutely flawlessly. Yea Apple! All I had to do was re-enter my software license keys. What a relief. I was back in Illustrator a few hours after I got the unit. Even my backups in Time Machine and SuperDuper were "adopted" in the transfer. That's the way to do it! When I was using Windows the same process was an ordeal.

Panther Al

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2011
Picked up the mini back 4 months ago - and you are right. The transfer from the old machine to the new one was incredibly smooth, even by the usual standards I have grown to expect from Apple.

I agree also with others, going from 4 to at least 8gb of ram really is a good idea. Doesn't cost much at all, and will save you some time and hassle as you go down the road with the machine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.