Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ks-man

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
I usually take out library books when reading and love the Bluefire App to read them on. The customization for both Day and Night mode allows me to get the setting just as I want it so I can read on my iPad without strain.

There are a few books that I want to read which aren't available from my library so I'll probably buy them but didn't know if I should do it through iBooks, Amazon (for Kindle app), B&N or something else.

I don't really care much about which platform so I'm really focusing on a pleasant reading experience.

robo456

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2008
New Jersey
I don't have my pad with me, but I found an app a while ago that if you "triple-click" your home button, it inverted the colors (so black would be white, white would be black, etc etc).

It was universal across all apps, so it doesn't matter what reader you use. I found it much more comfortable to read at night, as well as I didn't keep my wife up with the light from the screen.

--rob

**EDIT**
Ah, it seems it was built into iOS: http://michaellmccoy.wordpress.com/2012/01/04/inverse-ipad-colors/

JMG

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2006
I read a lot in bed next to my son while he is sleeping, so a dark screen is key to me so as not to wake him up. Kindle white on black works very well. There is a brightness setting in the app itself so that I dont have to change the actual iPod brightness, but if you did, it's just an added level of fine tuning the look. There is sepia mode as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.