PDA

View Full Version : help finding font

Roger1
Jul 24, 2005, 06:12 PM
Hi Does anybody know where I can find a free version of Bookman Old Style font? A person I work with recently received a Word document with this font, now they want the font installed on their machine. By Monday. For a Pagemaker document due Tuesday.

Now another stupid question: Why is it, when I open the document in Word, it tells me the font is Bookman Oldstyle, but when I do a "find", the font does not show up as being installed on my computer? Or am I missing something obvious??

superbovine
Jul 24, 2005, 10:34 PM
Hi Does anybody know where I can find a free version of Bookman Old Style font? A person I work with recently received a Word document with this font, now they want the font installed on their machine. By Monday. For a Pagemaker document due Tuesday.

Now another stupid question: Why is it, when I open the document in Word, it tells me the font is Bookman Oldstyle, but when I do a "find", the font does not show up as being installed on my computer? Or am I missing something obvious??

google it.

xsedrinam
Jul 25, 2005, 12:24 AM
google it.
http://www.freemacfonts.com/205640.html
X

Roger1
Jul 25, 2005, 06:04 AM
Hate to tell ya xsedrinam, but the download button on that website leads to fonts.com, where they want to charge me $22.00 for the font. Thanks for trying though :)

Mitthrawnuruodo
Jul 25, 2005, 06:47 AM
I got Bookman Old Style with a copy of MS Office 2004. Try installing a demo of that and see if the font doesn't tag along... :)

Roger1
Jul 25, 2005, 01:21 PM
Looked on my Office for X cd, and sure enough, there it was! Thanks people!