PDA

View Full Version : Reserve Power=Laggy?

Saberon
Jun 28, 2012, 05:34 PM
First Mac here..

My battery gave me a Reserve Power warning when it got low and I noticed the MBA's performance really went downhill. Menus and scrolling and launchpad were very laggy compared to normal. When I plugged it in, the issue was immediately resolved....I let it charge up to around 25% and unplugged it and it still seems OK. Is this normal behavior?

GGJstudios
Jun 28, 2012, 05:49 PM
First Mac here..

My battery gave me a Reserve Power warning when it got low and I noticed the MBA's performance really went downhill. Menus and scrolling and launchpad were very laggy compared to normal. When I plugged it in, the issue was immediately resolved....I let it charge up to around 25% and unplugged it and it still seems OK. Is this normal behavior?
No, it's not normal that performance changes when running low on battery power. Are you certain it wasn't something else using system resources?

Saberon
Jun 28, 2012, 05:51 PM
Quite certain, there's literally nothing installed except stock Lion programs. It was only in the less than 5% battery life that things got a little choppy. I'd guess most people wouldn't notice but my eye is super sensitive to anything less than smooth.

aleni
Jun 30, 2012, 11:12 AM
i think it's normal. i was playing a game called limbo for hours and suddenly the game was becoming choppy and unplayable, i thought my air was overheating. i quit the game and realized my battery was at 5%. plugged in the charger and the game was ok again.

but i have never experienced slowness in OSX's UI even when the battery was low.