PDA

View Full Version : FedEx sucks

islanders
Jun 29, 2012, 06:47 AM
The tracking claimed it was on schedule to be delivered yesterday 6/28 by 4:30 pm. 4:30 roll around and no package.. tracking then doesn't give an estimated delivery day and the package has "in route" from Alaska..

If it doesn't get here today I'll be out of town and I'm so pissed off they wasted my time that I'm considering not accepting it and get something else. A delay wouldn't bother me but the fact they claimed it was on schedule for the entire delivery day past their own self imposed deadline, wasted my time! :mad:

Puevlo
Jun 29, 2012, 06:49 AM
Those jerks.

auero
Jun 29, 2012, 06:50 AM
Did you think to call FedEx?

mattopotamus
Jun 29, 2012, 06:52 AM
did it ever say "out for delivery"?

GoCubsGo
Jun 29, 2012, 06:52 AM
Call FedEx. My iPhone was similar and then it said it would be delivered the following Monday. It arrived at 8 pm on Friday, 6 hours after the proposed delivery time.

On a side note, calm down. Why order something when you have such a strict delivery schedule? You can blame FedEx but I value people being safe over getting my crap.

islanders
Jun 29, 2012, 07:03 AM
Did you think to call FedEx?

Call them for what? They didn't deliver when they said they would, erased the original estimated delivery date.

----------

Call FedEx. My iPhone was similar and then it said it would be delivered the following Monday. It arrived at 8 pm on Friday, 6 hours after the proposed delivery time.

On a side note, calm down. Why order something when you have such a strict delivery schedule? You can blame FedEx but I value people being safe over getting my crap.

The point is they didn't deliver on the day they claimed it would be "on schedule" . Had they been forthcoming I would have made other arrangements. UPS updates the estimated delivery well in advance. The also don't erase the original shipping information, so what's the point of calling them when the person won't even know it was originally scheduled to delivered the day before? Of course I know it will get here eventually. I'm just not going to be waiting around for it with this kind of communication.

I plan to call apple during regular business hours.

I'm just posting this to inform other people of the situation so their time won't be wasted. Sorry some of you have a problem with that.

I will inform both FedEx and Apple of my dissatisfaction with their courier and service.

SandboxGeneral
Jun 29, 2012, 07:04 AM
Call them for what? They didn't deliver when they said they would, erased the original estimated delivery date.

FedEx isn't perfect and sometimes things happen beyond their control affecting their delivery schedules. Did you stop to consider that perhaps somewhere in the delivery chain a car accident occurred with a truck that has your MBA on it, and that the fault wasn't that of the FedEx driver but someone else's? That would put your delivery behind.

We can go into all kinds of "what if" scenarios, but the bottom line is, they aren't perfect, and neither is anyone else. So you should think about cutting them some slack and have a little grace.

If you choose to send it back, that's your choice of course, but don't fool yourself in thinking that it will teach anyone a lesson.

islanders
Jun 29, 2012, 07:18 AM
FedEx isn't perfect and sometimes things happen beyond their control affecting their delivery schedules. Did you stop to consider that perhaps somewhere in the delivery chain a car accident occurred with a truck that has your MBA on it, and that the fault wasn't that of the FedEx driver but someone else's? That would put your delivery behind.

We can go into all kinds of "what if" scenarios, but the bottom line is, they aren't perfect, and neither is anyone else. So you should think about cutting them some slack and have a little grace.

If you choose to send it back, that's your choice of course, but don't fool yourself in thinking that it will teach anyone a lesson.

UPS manages to update their tracking when the package doesn't reach a certain point at a certain time. If FedEx chooses not to invest in the same upgrade they can be responsible for their customers dissatisfaction.

----------

What a bunch of corporate fan boys.

I've had hundreds of delivers and this is the worst one.

b-rad g
Jun 29, 2012, 07:18 AM
FedEx is the worst!!

Higgs1
Jun 29, 2012, 07:23 AM
Both my airs actually arrived a day earlier than projected on FedEx's site, lol. But yeah denying a delivery and sending it back makes no sense, only one hurting is you by missing out on an awesome computer. It won't hurt FedEx or apple one bit.

Also did you see this on their website?

IMPORTANT!
Tropical Depression Debby remnants and Colorado wildfires are causing service delays in Florida, Georgia and Colorado. Learn more

May also be affecting your area....

ericrwalker
Jun 29, 2012, 07:29 AM
UPS manages to update their tracking when the package doesn't reach a certain point at a certain time. If FedEx chooses not to invest in the same upgrade they can be responsible for their customers dissatisfaction.

----------

I deal a lot with FedEx and UPS. Personally I like FedEx more. UPS has ticked me off so many times. Anything could have happened. Maybe the truck broke down or maybe the truck driver screwed up.

Keep us updated.

GoCubsGo
Jun 29, 2012, 07:35 AM

----------

The point is they didn't deliver on the day they claimed it would be "on schedule" . Had they been forthcoming I would have made other arrangements. UPS updates the estimated delivery well in advance. The also don't erase the original shipping information, so what's the point of calling them when the person won't even know it was originally scheduled to delivered the day before? Of course I know it will get here eventually. I'm just not going to be waiting around for it with this kind of communication.

I plan to call apple during regular business hours.

I'm just posting this to inform other people of the situation so their time won't be wasted. Sorry some of you have a problem with that.

I will inform both FedEx and Apple of my dissatisfaction with their courier and service.
Had they been forthcoming? They're good but they can't exactly plan for the unplanned. I'm sure they're real sorry but chill out. I don't have a problem that you're posting about it, I'm saying you are extremely narrow-minded to believe that this was personal or that they somehow screwed you. Don't order stuff when you're supposed to leave for vacation the next day. They screwed up, I'm sure they'll apologize for that, but that is all it is ... a screw up.

noteple
Jun 29, 2012, 07:49 AM
These shipping dates for all carriers are Estimates, not guarantees.

Unforeseen issues happen, mechanical breakdown, weather, natural disasters, mis routing.

Just about anything can happen and if and when it does, your package will be delayed.

Calling will get you more information then the web site displays.

The agent has access to all the legs of the trip and any delays encountered along the way.

Its frustrating when it doesn't work but even more so to think you can plan life's satisfaction around a package delivers companies performance.

----------

These shipping dates for all carriers are Estimates, not guarantees.

Unforeseen issues happen, mechanical breakdown, weather, natural disasters, mis routing.

Just about anything can happen and if and when it does, your package will be delayed.

Calling will get you more information then the web site displays.

The agent has access to all the legs of the trip and any delays encountered along the way.

Its frustrating when it doesn't work but even more so to think you can plan life's satisfaction around any package delivery companies performance.

auero
Jun 29, 2012, 08:14 AM

Uh call them so that you can figure out what is the cause for your package not being delivered? How can you complain about a company without reaching out first to see what their response is? The delivery date is an estimate just like you specified in your original post. Yes, it usually comes on the date they specify but things happen and nothing is guaranteed.

jameswdmb
Jun 29, 2012, 08:24 AM
So you want to cancel your order from APPLE to get back at FedEX without even calling them (FedEx) to voice a complaint?

I am kinda confused how this will accomplish anything in the end.....

Creek0512
Jun 29, 2012, 08:35 AM
Calling them won't help, you'll just get a computer that will repeat to you whatever the online tracking is telling you. If there is a way to actually talk to a person, I couldn't figure it out.

My new Air was scheduled to arrive Friday, but their online tracking said the driver couldn't locate my address. However, I was off that day and saw a FedEx truck go speeding by while I was outside. I tried to call them to explain that they had driven past my house after I saw online that they couldn't find my address, but I couldn't get past the computer.

ericrwalker
Jun 29, 2012, 08:36 AM
Uh call them so that you can figure out what is the cause for your package not being delivered? How can you complain about a company without reaching out first to see what their response is? The delivery date is an estimate just like you specified in your original post. Yes, it usually comes on the date they specify but things happen and nothing is guaranteed.

I had a package (from UPS) once that was scheduled for a Thursday. Thursday morning it showed it was at my local UPS location, then "out for deliverely". Later that day it showed it was in Syracuse (over 2 hours away) and they never changed the estimated delivery dates, I ended up getting in on Monday.

So they do make mistakes and sometimes put items on the wrong truck, deliver to the wrong house, misplace the items, or the truck could break down.

So I have to agree with you.

geoffm33
Jun 29, 2012, 08:38 AM

----------

I ship hundreds of packages per day with FedEx and have with UPS in the past. Both are excellent at what they do. Neither are perfect. People asking you to calm down and use common sense does not make them fanboys.

kodeman53
Jun 29, 2012, 09:22 AM
What we are seeing is the electronic equivalent of a 2 year old throwing tantrum in the candy aisle in the grocery store.

oneMadRssn
Jun 29, 2012, 09:31 AM
UPS uses unionized delivery drivers who are often caught on camera throwing and kicked your packages, sleeping on the job, and opening boxes and NOT being fired for it.

FedEx is not unionized, and their drivers get caught doing that sort of stuff far less often and do get fired for it.

I choose FedEx over UPS.

Mirari
Jun 29, 2012, 10:30 AM
Hey guy just relax if the product doesn't show up within a week of the estimated delivery time then you can call. But as to the tracking number system they have it should have regular updates not just every major point. Id be interested to see some type of a gps system for the trucks that tells you what the delivery truck is doing and gives you an alert when its stopped at your intended delivery point.

islanders
Jun 29, 2012, 11:15 AM
Sorry to vent my frustration here. This is going back. I was here the entire day they said it was scheduled to be delivered. I wont' be around today to sign for it and next week is July 4th. there was no update as to what day it would be delivered. I can't schedule my time around inaccurte tracking information. I'll give the bag I ordered to my niece for her MBP 13 and move on with life without the MBA :)

jeremyx
Jun 29, 2012, 11:25 AM
Its an estimate, sometimes it's exact, sometimes not. Still it does exactly what it's supposed to do, give you details of the route and estimate for arrival. The fact that you act like 12y old and didn't understand what the purpose for tracking ESTIMATE is, is neither the fault of FedEx or Apple.

Plus it sounds like you didn't even need the MBA so be glad, you're ~$1000 richer.

oneMadRssn
Jun 29, 2012, 11:41 AM
Also worth noting, FedEx is very willing to hold your package and work with you to get it there around your schedule. Just call them and ask. Plus it's free, unlike with UPS.

I've had them hold my package and deliver it on another day when I was sure I would be home, or just hold it at their facility so that I could come and pick it up on my own time. They are happy to do both, and each time it's worked out fine.

Then again, it sounds like you're trying to weasel out of getting this laptop and blaming it on FedEx. Sheesh.

----------

Calling them won't help, you'll just get a computer that will repeat to you whatever the online tracking is telling you. If there is a way to actually talk to a person, I couldn't figure it out.

My new Air was scheduled to arrive Friday, but their online tracking said the driver couldn't locate my address. However, I was off that day and saw a FedEx truck go speeding by while I was outside. I tried to call them to explain that they had driven past my house after I saw online that they couldn't find my address, but I couldn't get past the computer.

We must dial two different numbers. I call 1-800-GO-FEDEX, and I get to a person within a few minutes. When they ask what you're calling about, just say "customer representative" or "customer support", and then yes/no to the international question. Done.

ixodes
Jun 29, 2012, 11:44 AM
My FedEx experience has been every bit as great, as I've experienced with Apple.

There's nothing else to say, they're both World Class :)

kodeman53
Jun 29, 2012, 11:48 AM
Also worth noting, FedEx is very willing to hold your package and work with you to get it there around your schedule. Just call them and ask. Plus it's free, unlike with UPS.

I've had them hold my package and deliver it on another day when I was sure I would be home, or just hold it at their facility so that I could come and pick it up on my own time. They are happy to do both, and each time it's worked out fine.

Then again, it sounds like you're trying to weasel out of getting this laptop and blaming it on FedEx. Sheesh.

----------

We must dial two different numbers. I call 1-800-GO-FEDEX, and I get to a person within a few minutes. When they ask what you're calling about, just say "customer representative" or "customer support", and then yes/no to the international question. Done.

My FedEx experience has been every bit as great, as I've experienced with Apple.

There's nothing else to say, they're both World Class :)
Logic and reasoning never worked with my kids when they were having a temper tantrum. Nice try, though.

islanders
Jun 29, 2012, 12:04 PM
It's clear we have different standards. FedEx can update their tracking so they don't misinform that a dilevery is on schedule right up to the end of the day it is supposed to be delivered. That's just pathetic as the childish responses here. Later.

GoCubsGo
Jun 29, 2012, 12:07 PM
It's clear we have different standards. FedEx can update their tracking so they don't misinform that a dilevery is on schedule right up to the end of the day it is supposed to be delivered. That's just pathetic as the childish responses here. Later.

You're calling our responses pathetic and childish?

Ok, later. Enjoy your vacation. I sure hope the sun shines every day or damn that ****ing sun! :D

SandboxGeneral
Jun 29, 2012, 12:09 PM

Here's an idea. Go work for FedEx and climb the corporate ladder, become the CEO and fix FedEx to your liking so we can all enjoy the most excellent service FedEx can give under your leadership.

ericrwalker
Jun 29, 2012, 12:12 PM
You're upset because you waited until a couple of days before your vacation to order a computer online and it's not getting to you fast enough.

What if the estimated shipping from day one was tomorrow? Would you still be upset?

The responses to you were logical, and we know you want your MBA. There is little you can do. If anyone is being childish, it's you.

uwetodd
Jun 29, 2012, 12:41 PM
Sorry to vent my frustration here. This is going back. I was here the entire day they said it was scheduled to be delivered. I wont' be around today to sign for it and next week is July 4th. there was no update as to what day it would be delivered. I can't schedule my time around inaccurte tracking information. I'll give the bag I ordered to my niece for her MBP 13 and move on with life without the MBA :)

Great idea! Yes, send it back. Let someone else enjoy your MBA.

JBazz
Jun 29, 2012, 12:43 PM
UPS uses unionized delivery drivers who are often caught on camera throwing and kicked your packages, sleeping on the job, and opening boxes and NOT being fired for it.

FedEx is not unionized, and their drivers get caught doing that sort of stuff far less often and do get fired for it.

I choose FedEx over UPS.
Wasnt it FedEx who threw the computer monitor over the fence? The video went viral last year.

oneMadRssn
Jun 29, 2012, 01:20 PM
Wasnt it FedEx who threw the computer monitor over the fence? The video went viral last year.

Oh yea, both companies have ****** drivers. UPS just has more, and they're practically un-fireable due to union rules.

dcorban
Jun 29, 2012, 01:31 PM
Call them for what? They didn't deliver when they said they would, erased the original estimated delivery date.[COLOR="#808080"]
Yes, but I am fairly certain that the Fedex ETA is about a week earlier than the ETA Apple gave you when you ordered, so you knew that it may not arrive this week.

Oh, I see now you gave up. That just shows everyone that you didn't really want it in the first place. Buyer's remorse is probably common with this sort of item. Someone who was actually interested in owning the MBA would certainly wait until monday or tuesday to receive it.

Kurwenal
Jun 29, 2012, 01:45 PM
Call them for what?

For one or more of three reasons:

1. To ask them when the computer will be delivered.
2. To rant and rave at them for being a day late on your delivery.
3. To tell them you will return the computer.

You don't need to do 3 to return it. So, 1 or 2, it's your call.

I'll give the bag I ordered to my niece for her MBP 13 and move on with life without the MBA :)

That'll sure teach FedEx a lesson. Of course, they will actually get paid more that way, since they'll get to ship your return. :rolleyes:

Moshe1010
Jun 29, 2012, 02:01 PM
Human stupidity is here.

bogatyr
Jun 29, 2012, 02:49 PM

Yep we do. Most know to look for "on truck for delivery" to know if it is arriving that day and even then we know it is an estimate and something may happen while the driver is out for delivery.

When it reaches the local depot you can call and have them hold it for you to pick up if their driver cant find your address or missed you.

Handling deliveries is very easy if you remain calm and rational.

Beachguy
Jun 29, 2012, 02:50 PM

This is what is known as "overreacting."

Call FedEx. When I was waiting for my iPad in March, they came to deliver it about 60 seconds (literally) before I got to my house. I drove past the guy as he was pulling away from the house and couldn't catch him. I called and was able to pick it up.

This reaction is just immature.

lstone19
Jun 29, 2012, 03:29 PM
Five years ago, I much preferred FedEx to UPS. Then we had a couple of major problems with FedEx Ground (note that FedEx Express (air) and FedEx Ground are completely separate operations unlike UPS who use the same local delivery infrastructure for Air and Ground). Problems included phantom delivery attempts (driver claimed no one home but truck was never seen and no delivery attempt tag was left) and a forged signature on a non-waivable "signature required" package. UPS, on the other hand, almost always delivers on the scheduled day. UPS delivery days are guaranteed (although there are exceptions for extraordinary situations) - OTOH, UPS almost never delivers early. Sometimes UPS comes very late (as late as 8pm) but if it's on the truck, it gets delivered. FedEx (particularly ground) it appears if the driver runs out of time, he just calls it quits for the day and takes the rest back undelivered.

In fairness, UPS did pull a royal screw-up about a year ago where a driver recorded our package as "refused" and it showed up as on the way back to the vendor. To their credit, the vendor made good by reshipping a replacement that night for next day delivery - UPS didn't mess it up the second time.

KeyJey
Jun 29, 2012, 04:29 PM

My MBA was supposed to be delivered today but it never showed up. Fedex said its still hold up in Alaska for customs. I asked them to "hold it" as I am out of the town next week. What's the big deal about it. Things happen!!!!!

And they never updated the status since it reached Alaska. Just call and ask them.

tigres
Jun 29, 2012, 05:21 PM
I like fedex. We use the for crucial documents for our bank.

I cannot recall a sincere problem - ever.

RocketRed
Jun 29, 2012, 05:58 PM
Fedex is AWESOME!

I sent my All-In-One PC (non apple) to HP repair center and it was shipped to my old address, which was 2 - 3 blocks from my current apartment. The property manager had the Fedex guy personally deliver the computer to my place at the end of the day.

Now that is great service.

islanders
Jun 29, 2012, 09:54 PM
What a bunch of dim wits. I was very specific about my issue with fex ex tracking misinformation. This would be an easy fix for a company like Fed Ex.

As far as tracking goes UPS updates their delivery date days in advance.

So, you assh*les are WRONG on the facts. I find your petty nastyness towards me a joke. GROW UP!

I would have picked it up had there been any indication that it wasn't on schedule or the delevery date was uncertain.

I've also had UPS deliver packages to the wrong address and the same thing happens I call the seller and it goes back to the seller.

I don't care what you assh*les think. Only one person was right I don't even need an AIR. I would have kept it because I need a laptop, but it's my primary work machine.

1) Apple should state that it is being shipped from China. We have an Apple store but they don't stock the 8GB. Once again limited choice with Apple.

2) FedEx can provide accurate tracking or some indication that it is an estimate and not big red letters "On Schedule" at the top. That has always meant that the package is on time and will be delivered that day.

3) FexEx erased the all of the original tracking information so that when I called Apple they had no way to see what happened. So I attempted to improve a problem.

ericrwalker
Jun 29, 2012, 10:04 PM
it's my primary work machine.

Shouldn't your boss be
Providing you with a spatula? I know the MBA is thin, but I wouldn't want to get it greasy.

islanders
Jun 29, 2012, 10:16 PM
I tried to edit that, the AIR is NOT my primary work machine. I use a 6 core 24GB with 8 harddrives as my primary work station.

As much as I was looking forward to getting the AIR, I won't accept incompetence or being misinformed that has a negative impact on my life.

I thought some people here would understand how frustrating that was, and have some integrity, intellegence to assess a very basic situation, but that was not the case. It didn't bother me one bit, and I'm satisfied with my decision and response. Apple will be just fine, FexEx will be fine, and I will be fine. Everyone is happy. At some point they will realize there is a problem with their tracking because a higher than average number of packages are being returned, that is cutting into their profits and they will decide to update their tracking. My work is done.

It's called free market. The customer decides what's acceptable and can cancel the deal if the seller is jacking them around.

Edit: it is interesting the kind of people who buy AIRS. Reinforced my decision to send it back.

ericrwalker
Jun 29, 2012, 10:23 PM
Everyone here understands your frustration, the problem is you're out of control.

I've been where you are and have been made at UPs and FedEd too.

You can only call and try to get an answer. It's not Apples fault, and it's not anyones fault here.

It will get straightened out, unfortunately you won't have your computer as soon as you would have liked.

Make sure you file a complaint with FedEx.

I tried to edit that, the AIR is NOT my primary work machine. I use a 6 core 24GB with 8 harddrives as my primary work station.

As much as I was looking forward to getting the AIR, I won't accept incompetence or being misinformed that has a negative impact on my life.

I thought some people here would understand how frustrating that was, and have some integrity, intellegence to assess a very basic situation, but that was not the case. It didn't bother me one bit, and I'm satisfied with my decision and response. Apple will be just fine, FexEx will be fine, and I will be fine. Everyone is happy. At some point they will realize there is a problem with their tracking because a higher than average number of packages are being returned, that is cutting into their profits and they will decide to update their tracking. My work is done.

It's called free market. The customer decides what's acceptable and can cancel the deal if the seller is jacking them around.

carbonfiberhood
Jun 29, 2012, 10:24 PM
I have some horror story instances with FedEx, but delaying your package by a day or two or changing the ETA shouldn't be reason enough to hate them.

I wouldn't hold them to such a high standard, there's too many factors outside of their control to guarantee 100% strict delivery by X date. I've had snow storms, shipping companies lose packages for few days and find them again, it wasn't enough reason for me to hate them. Who know's maybe the delivery driver called in sick, stuff happens. I doubt most would be willing to pay the extra costs for redundancy to get their package by x absolute date.

Moshe1010
Jun 29, 2012, 10:31 PM
What a bunch of dim wits. I was very specific about my issue with fex ex tracking misinformation. This would be an easy fix for a company like Fed Ex.

As far as tracking goes UPS updates their delivery date days in advance.

So, you assh*les are WRONG on the facts. I find your petty nastyness towards me a joke. GROW UP!

I would have picked it up had there been any indication that it wasn't on schedule or the delevery date was uncertain.

I've also had UPS deliver packages to the wrong address and the same thing happens I call the seller and it goes back to the seller.

I don't care what you assh*les think. Only one person was right I don't even need an AIR. I would have kept it because I need a laptop, but it's my primary work machine.

1) Apple should state that it is being shipped from China. We have an Apple store but they don't stock the 8GB. Once again limited choice with Apple.

2) FedEx can provide accurate tracking or some indication that it is an estimate and not big red letters "On Schedule" at the top. That has always meant that the package is on time and will be delivered that day.

3) FexEx erased the all of the original tracking information so that when I called Apple they had no way to see what happened. So I attempted to improve a problem.

We need to grow up, while you can't live without your new MBA for another week? What would happen if you would take your computer after you get back from out of town? Would your computer be older? Would FedEx open your new MBA and start playing games with it? You need to grow up my fried, it's just a computer, and FedEx writes "ESTIMATE" because this is what it is. The fact that they write "On Schedule" is also an estimate. Wipe your tears, and wait another week, nothing would happen to you.

Orange Furball
Jun 29, 2012, 10:38 PM
We need to grow up, while you can't live without your new MBA for another week? What would happen if you would take your computer after you get back from out of town? Would your computer be older? Would FedEx open your new MBA and start playing games with it? You need to grow up my fried, it's just a computer, and FedEx writes "ESTIMATE" because this is what it is. The fact that they write "On Schedule" is also an estimate. Wipe your tears, and wait another week, nothing would happen to you.

^^this^^

I've had ups delay a package on a Friday, so I would have to wait until Monday to get it. Oh well, not like they said "Oh this is for Matt, let's delay it for the weekend"

You're nuts for sending it back.

JAT
Jun 29, 2012, 10:59 PM

Edit: it is interesting the kind of people who buy AIRS. Reinforced my decision to send it back.

Aspergers?

Knightimer
Jun 30, 2012, 01:31 AM
I have never had major issues with FedEx. I use them and my company use them daily. They are a top quality organization . On the other hand, with ups, I have had my shares of issues with them . You need to relax and calm down. You are going to have a heart attack. If this really ticks you off , you my friend need to go to anger management classes. If calling members on this boards *******s, for responding to your post aggravates you, you really really need help. Everyone here has been civil and trying to be empathetic to your situation . For reals though, get some help. I can't believe this is a real issue. **** does happen. In your perfect world, I know it doesn't . For the rest of us, we can understand that life is not perfect . You curmudgeon.

kodeman53
Jun 30, 2012, 04:58 AM
I would like to apologize to all 2 year olds who throw tantrums in grocery store aisles for insulting them with my previous comparison.

it is always entertaining, and amazing, to watch someone insert a second foot after the first foot appeared to make things quite full. Then toss in a few insults at all MBA owners as more proof that 2 years olds throwing tantrums are models of maturity in comparison.

Comeagain?
Jun 30, 2012, 05:07 AM
Stuff happens. We deal with it. That's how things have worked forever. It sucks sometimes, but we just have to deal with it. They'll hold the MBA for you, so just get it when you return.

Oh, and any thread title that has the word "suck(s)" in it is bound to get a lot of attention, mostly with people trying to prove you wrong.

TraceyS/FL
Jun 30, 2012, 06:37 AM
Wait, so the tracking NEVER updated and said "on truck for delivery"?

Then it was never supposed to be delivered... Did you see it arrive in your local hub?

I love my FedEx Express guy - 9:30am most days.

My UPS guy and I had it out a couple of years ago... He decided my house was undeliverable. Our compromise, since the low hanging tree wasn't mine to cut, was he gave me his phone number and I let him know when I was getting a package. Or try to order when he was on vacation :D

However, we have since solved our issues and he has become a good friend, one that I've realized has a crap job most days, with insane pressure to meet numbers and often means not a lot of time with family. Leave the house at 8, not off last week before 7:30 most days with one day of 8:40. It's been interesting to be on this side of things.

Anyway.... Sounds like the OP doesn't know how to actually read tracking?!?!

Orange Furball
Jun 30, 2012, 11:40 AM
OH NO!!!! I ordered something and it shipped via USPS. It said it was going be delivered Monday, but its coming.... TODAY!!!! Should I refuse it? I mean, the tracking was wrong. I feel like I should stick it to them and not accept it. That will teach them never to mess with my tracking!

[/sarcasm]

TraceyS/FL
Jun 30, 2012, 11:49 AM
OH NO!!!! I ordered something and it shipped via USPS. It said it was going be delivered Monday, but its coming.... TODAY!!!! Should I refuse it? I mean, the tracking was wrong. I feel like I should stick it to them and not accept it. That will teach them never to mess with my tracking!

[/sarcasm]

HA. I had something ship USPS that I really needed - i would have paid my prime upgrade if they had told me ahead of time it was shipping USPS "Smart Post" (HAHAHA). It got there a day early too - i was surprised. But I still detest "smart post".

A couple of weeks ago I had ordered something for my UPS guy from amazon - and it ironically shipped FedEx. That kinda cracked me up that day.

snberk103
Jun 30, 2012, 12:16 PM
On the plus side, doesn't that Air now go onto the refurbished store, and someone gets deal? Can they sell it as new a second time?

ericrwalker
Jun 30, 2012, 01:20 PM

[/sarcasm]

Legally you can not open it until after business hours on Monday.
:D

----------

On the plus side, doesn't that Air now go onto the refurbished store, and someone gets deal? Can they sell it as new a second time?

If he doesn't open the Apple packaging I think it will be sold as new.

Time for OP to be a Windows & Android guy, thanks to FedEx.

jgc
Jun 30, 2012, 01:40 PM
FedEx kicks ass. I find they always deliver stuff early. Apple gave me a June 22-25 window and I got it on the 19th after customs delayed it a day (would have got it the 18th).

radardude
Jun 30, 2012, 02:19 PM
It sounds to me like you knew you had a short window of opportunity to receive your product. Knowing this and being in charge of the ordering process and associated delays, one woulda/shoulda ordered next day delivery or bought it locally or bought it somewhere on your trip. Sounds like proper planning is in order here.

I'm not a fan of UPS over FEDEX or vice versa. I've used both and on the most part been happy with both.

In todays hustle and bustle world, one often looses their yardstick on how to measure sanity. Thanks to you for sharing your thoughts from your end of the gene pool, I have a greater appreciation for those that I associate with.

You need to get away from the HOME more often and see what the real world is like. Best of luck on your travels.:)

Orange Furball
Jun 30, 2012, 06:57 PM
Legally you can not open it until after business hours on Monday.
:D

----------

If he doesn't open the Apple packaging I think it will be sold as new.

Time for OP to be a Windows & Android guy, thanks to FedEx.

Wait a darn minute! Don't knock android because of this guy! This only has to do with a MacBook, not an iPhone! He's a Windows/Linux user now

coupey
Jun 30, 2012, 07:25 PM

I choose FedEx over UPS.

im sorry but you are very uninformed, i am a ups driver and kicking packages, sleeping on the job and opening packages will get you fired on the spot, our union will not protect you from that.

----------

----------

ups does this too, its called will call and future delivering, it is free. also ups will deliver anytime you want, also free with mychoice. why do yall even talk when you dont know what you are talking about?

http://www.ups.com/mychoice/

hbsgay
Jul 1, 2012, 03:37 AM
fedex ****s! they never knock ur door! and they claim that nobody is at home. Unbelievable!

USPS rules, UPS is Ok, if I can choose, I'll never pick FEDEX

snberk103
Jul 1, 2012, 09:53 AM
im sorry but you are very uninformed ..... why do yall even talk when you dont know what you are talking about?

You must be new around here, eh? :) That's all most posters do - talk about things they know nothing about.

Orange Furball
Jul 1, 2012, 10:53 AM
One time I had a flat screen TV being delivered through fedex. I wasn't home at the time it was delivered. I like in a safe neighborhood but the fedex man took my TV, carried it to the back porch, covered it with a tarp to protect it from rain, and wrote me a letter explaining he didn't want it to get stolen or broken from rain. He then apologized for moving it but he thought it was the safest way to ensure I got it. That is dedication and I will never forgot that. For me its Fedex>USPS>UPS>other

elliottfamily5
Jul 1, 2012, 10:54 AM
Ordered mine (13" i7/8/256) on June 18th with a delivery date on the 28th. Requested update emails from FedEx every time it moved, which I received. Knew I would be out of state on the 28th (and daughter would be at work) so I printed the Apple form for FedEx to leave in backyard, which they have done before. On the 25th, received email the computer was on truck for delivery three days early! No issues at all.

UPS always delivers before noon and FedEx always between 1-3pm. Guess I am lucky, never had a problem with either.

coupey
Jul 1, 2012, 11:25 AM
You must be new around here, eh? :) That's all most posters do - talk about things they know nothing about.

i see that, im not trying to put ups on a pedestal bc both companies have their faults but ignorant comments that are incorrect are annoying.

snberk103
Jul 1, 2012, 11:32 AM
i see that, im not trying to put ups on a pedestal bc both companies have their faults but ignorant comments that are incorrect are annoying.

I agree with you, and I may have, um - occasionally - posted to a thread to clarify things .... a bit. But it's a thankless job, let me tell you.... ;)

kodeman53
Jul 1, 2012, 11:52 AM
I agree with you, and I may have, um - occasionally - posted to a thread to clarify things .... a bit. But it's a thankless job, let me tell you.... ;)

Always consider the source when replying :) In this case, someone who dug their own hole and when FedEx didn't bail them out, they had a temper tantrum.

TraceyS/FL
Jul 1, 2012, 03:22 PM
im sorry but you are very uninformed, i am a ups driver and kicking packages, sleeping on the job and opening packages will get you fired on the spot, our union will not protect you from that.
like you have time to do that anyway?? Lol!

ups does this too, its called will call and future delivering, it is free. also ups will deliver anytime you want, also free with mychoice. why do yall even talk when you dont know what you are talking about?

http://www.ups.com/mychoice/
actually, you get limited actions with the free mychoice account, the $40 a year one let's you schedule a time.

My driver is across town at 3:30 daily - I joked with him one day I was going to pay and make him come to town for it. He glared. :D

Then i showed him the emails i get (I seriously LOVE mychoice) and asked him why he never shows up at 12:15. Lol!

Very thankless... So thanks from all my fellow tracking stalker friends! :o

coupey
Jul 1, 2012, 03:42 PM
like you have time to do that anyway?? Lol!

actually, you get limited actions with the free mychoice account, the $40 a year one let's you schedule a time.

My driver is across town at 3:30 daily - I joked with him one day I was going to pay and make him come to town for it. He glared. :D

Then i showed him the emails i get (I seriously LOVE mychoice) and asked him why he never shows up at 12:15. Lol!

Very thankless... So thanks from all my fellow tracking stalker friends! :o

i just have learned when customers want there stuff and if i can make it happen, i do. i also give my cell phone number to a lot of customers and they call me if they need their products early and if i cant make it there early enough they typically come meet me and get it.

i havent messed with the mychoice stuff i just know i get the virtual signature quite often which is a feature, is that free?

Cheffy Dave
Jul 1, 2012, 03:54 PM
The tracking claimed it was on schedule to be delivered yesterday 6/28 by 4:30 pm. 4:30 roll around and no package.. tracking then doesn't give an estimated delivery day and the package has "in route" from Alaska..

If it doesn't get here today I'll be out of town and I'm so pissed off they wasted my time that I'm considering not accepting it and get something else. A delay wouldn't bother me but the fact they claimed it was on schedule for the entire delivery day past their own self imposed deadline, wasted my time! :mad:

Typical of these unprofessional cretins:mad:

TraceyS/FL
Jul 1, 2012, 04:03 PM
i just have learned when customers want there stuff and if i can make it happen, i do. i also give my cell phone number to a lot of customers and they call me if they need their products early and if i cant make it there early enough they typically come meet me and get it.

i havent messed with the mychoice stuff i just know i get the virtual signature quite often which is a feature, is that free?

I used to meet the guy in CA at the hospital to PU tools to take to my ex to deliver. I was like one of 10 that met him there daily. I thought it was weird the first day I was waiting, then I saw I was just elite!

I haven't had anything that has had to be signed for since I signed up for it, so I can't say if it is part of the free side. I would think it would be though, it makes it easier on your end right?

I have a package from mono price coming on Friday, I'm glad because M is on vacation the week after and I can't get it on my schedule that way.

I'm glad to hear other drivers have customers call them - all my friends think I'm weird. Which I am, but still..... :p

(and I'm actually at his house stealing his AC because mine croaked... )

Cheffy Dave
Jul 1, 2012, 04:21 PM
2/2110 11" MBA's made it on time everywhere, until Orlando Fl.where it disappeared , Apple apologized and sent another, same exact thing, gone once it reached Orlando, can't be found, after Apples investigation, they found it went
Unrecorded to Jacksonville, where it never was heard from again.
At my insistence I asked for the third one to be shipped UPS, denied, they sent the next one FEDEX, which got to Orlando, and then said, shipping to Brooksville,then out for delivery.

Why Apple tolerates this, is amazing. I would personally go UPS with special handling (fragile) I mean this account is worth multiple Millions, to tolerate this crap by Apple is nuts.It took me an additional3 weeks to get my product, and someone's brother in law in Jacksonville enjoying 2 MBA's

The whole thing seems like an inside job to me, and :apple: ate the losses

GhostMac24
Jul 1, 2012, 05:02 PM
There is medication and therapy for people like this.

It always amazes me the fits people throw over things OUTSIDE their control. Piaget said that MOST people outgrow their egocentric ways of their childhood. However, some don't. Ladies and gents, I give you exhibit A....the thread starter.

I'll share my UPS story that frankly would have made the thread starter go postal so he'd be reading this from jail if this was his story.

I paid for OVERNIGHT shipping ordering something from Amazon during the Christmas holidays. Day after I ordered it the UPS website stated OUT FOR DELIVERY. I had to pay for overnight because I waited until the last minute to buy Christmas gifts for my kids before we left on holiday. Well guess what? The package never arrived and I called UPS. They told me that the driver had so many packages that late that evening they called him back in and everything that wasn't delivered would be delivered the next day. I told them that they would need to hold the package since I would be gone for a week. Trying explaining to your kids that they didn't get that "special" gift because daddy, not UPS, screwed up. Sure, they missed their delivery time and sure I could have gone crazy over it. But why? I had ZERO control over the situation. Next time, I order sooner. You move on and your stress level stays calm.

....and now back to the show :)

lawls88
Jul 1, 2012, 06:36 PM
My FedEx experience with my MacBook Air order was fantastic. the gift card came al the way from SC in one day and the Air was delivered 2 days before it was estimated by fedex and 5 days before it was estimated by apple.