Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shamb0lic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 13, 2012
Hi,

Last night i turnt on my MacBook as usual, used it for a bit then got a message from Little Snitch to say there was an update available, and asked me if i would like to update.

I did, and followed the installation until it said a system restart was required to finish the installation. So i clicked restart.

Now my mac shows the usual loading screen but with a loading bar, for about 15-20 seconds, it doesn't fill the whole way.

Then it shows the normal grey loading screen thing with just the apple logo and spinning gear thing. But won't go past this.

How can i fix this. I have tried holding shift to go into safe mode, this doesn't work. Need a fix asap as i'm meant to be travelling on tuesday coming with it!

HELP PLEASE!!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1341001998.630175.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1341001998.630175.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 662

plinden

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Well, that sucks. fsck is showing "The volume mac cannot be repaired"

I'm not sure if you can recover from this short of erasing and reinstalling. I'd let someone else chime in before you do anything but it looks to me like you have an irrecoverable error. I hope you have a backup?

Shamb0lic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 13, 2012
Well, that sucks. fsck is showing "The volume mac cannot be repaired"

I'm not sure if you can recover from this short of erasing and reinstalling. I'd let someone else chime in before you do anything but it looks to me like you have an irrecoverable error. I hope you have a backup?

Well fortunately my hdd was partitioned. The part that is irreparable just contained osx and a few other files. I erased it in recovery and am now downloading and re-installing Lion.

All thanks to Little Snitch :) lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.