Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chatin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 27, 2005
For all you macrumors, extreme mac collectors with deep pockets, here's your chance to own an investment grade Apple 1 computer.

The auction is limited to prequalified bidders only.

Apple 1 on eBay
I think, myself and Steve Jobs are the only ones prequalifed so far. (I'm on the bid list because I won the seller's original production run (serial # 1-427) Apple II.

My first production run Apple II (sorry Steve, bidding is over on this! ;) )

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
chatin said:
For all you macrumors, extreme mac collectors with deep pockets, here's your chance to own an investment grade Apple 1 computer.
<snip>[/URL]
How would you know that this is for real?

ham_man

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2005
Sad that that guy has to liquidate all of his possesions. That one was a real keeper. I see this thing going to somebody with alot of money and a strong yearning for Apple collectibles. For how much I doubt can be predicted...

g4cubed

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2004
If I'm not mistaken, I saw this listed on ebay once before with no takers.

Lertie32

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2005
CA
Antique Apple

Geez... and I thought my 1984 Mac Classic SE was an antique!
:p

Even worse was the old Atari that came with notice card - "Congratulations - your Atari now comes with 128K of memory" !!
:eek:

:D

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
Lertie32 said:
Geez... and I thought my 1984 Mac Classic SE was an antique!

Just to be clear, there is no such thing as a 1984 Mac Classic SE.
There was a 1984 Mac 128K.
There was a 1987 Mac SE.
There was a 1990 Mac Classic.
There was no 1984 Mac Classic SE.

Lertie32

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2005
CA
OK, my antiques are mixed up

Mac Classic, yes.
Mac SE, yes. Could've sworn that one came out earlier though...

Damn, now I really feel old.

FoxyKaye

macrumors 68000
In no way, shape or form would I ever be qualified to bid on this, but I do have a question...

The seller says:
even load programs that I downloaded from the internet by plugging my Mac Titanium Powerbook headphone output into the cassette interface of the Apple I
How is this possible? Doesn't the sound out on new machines just do sound out and nothing more? Is there some sort of translator program that would make this happen? I don't get this at all... Anyone know?

SiliconAddict

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2003
Chicago, IL
Apple should go back to wood. Mmmmm wood PowerBooks. Heat dissipation would be a ***** though. :D

Oh and who in their right mind would pay 20 grand for an Apple 1?!? Prob could get someone to build you one for that amount.

Benjamin

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2003
Portland, OR
thats an amazing buy too bad he has to sell it.. and beaverton is just a few min away from where i am. too bad i am just a poor college student.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.