Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

romanator

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2012
I actually went to my local BestBuy today, and all they could offer me was the $100 off for the student discount. I also asked about the $150 gift card, but they said that they couldn't offer that either.

Nychot

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2011
I git an email offer of 10 percent off from bb. Thats $120. But my state sales tax is 6.5 percent. I got mine from amazon with no tax. So the savings came to about $45.

DDGator

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2012
Tampa Bay Area, Florida
I went to two BB in the Tampa Bay Area this weekend, and neither would do any more than $100 off for the educational price. They aren't matching the iTunes offer. It was still worth it to me to get the financing and I had a deal for 3X reward points.

chisox524

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2012
I went to two BB in the Tampa Bay Area this weekend, and neither would do any more than $100 off for the educational price. They aren't matching the iTunes offer. It was still worth it to me to get the financing and I had a deal for 3X reward points.

Was this just $100 off offer, or was it $100 off after the $50 discount?

DDGator

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2012
Tampa Bay Area, Florida
I was offered only a $100 discount off the regular price. To get it, you have to register with Best Buy with a .edu e-mail address and bring in the single-use coupon that is emailed to you.

ppone

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2011
Are you talking about the gift card or the 100 dollar discount?

I was offered only a $100 discount off the regular price. To get it, you have to register with Best Buy with a .edu e-mail address and bring in the single-use coupon that is emailed to you.

ugahairydawgs

macrumors 68030
Jun 10, 2010
You ask for that. Different BB branches have different rules, so you may want to try go to another one if you can't get the deal in your local BB.

Like I said...I'm not a student. No amount of driving around from Best Buy to Best Buy is going to change that.

fnbdave

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2011
worth getting the 13" 4GB 256flash for $1424

vs the 8GB at apple for $1599?

I will run safari, final cut, imovie and photoshop not all at once though

DDGator

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2012
Tampa Bay Area, Florida
I asked at two BB stores. All I could get was $100 off (discount) the retail MBA price. No gift card, nothing else. And yes, it is less than what you currently get at Apple EXCEPT you get a cash discount, not an iTunes card.

However, with this new sale, I bet I can get them to price match on the lower price.

jmgag03

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2010
MacMall plus Apple Insider 3% discount is a great way to go! I paid 1645 for a MBA 13in, i7, 8gb RAM model. That included no tax. They told me it would take two weeks to ship, but I got an email saying it was shipping the next day.

Fandongo

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2011
Space
I git an email offer of 10 percent off from bb. Thats $120. But my state sales tax is 6.5 percent. I got mine from amazon with no tax. So the savings came to about $45.

But...but....ROADS!!!
and children!
someone please think of the children!!!!
(but mostly old people who don't need any help)

DDGator

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2012
Tampa Bay Area, Florida
Just to clarify -- I went back this week and also got the BB "sale price" differential credited back.

So, the price for a 13/256/4 MBA was:

$1,499 MSRP
-$75 (Sale price for everyone)
-$100 (Educational discount with coupon)
_______
$1,324 before tax

However, I also used a 3X rewards points coupon I had recieved by mail as a "Silver" rewards zone member. At $5 per $250 (with the triple points), I will get about $80 back in Rewards Certificates.

So, if you count that, the next price to me is about $1,244 without tax. Plus, I financed the balance with zero interest for 18 months.

Not bad.

Knightimer

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2012
San Francisco Bay Area
Discover Card

Don't forget. Discover Card has a 5.0% cashback for purchases at Apple on their shopdiscover site. It's a good deal if you have a discover card. In addition, they have the double warranty feature as other cards like Amex and Visa Signatures..

JasonR

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2008
When I went to best buy, they gave me $100 off and a $150 gift card (all before tax). It was $1300 plus tax, essentially. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.