PDA

View Full Version : Apple to Announce 3Q 2012 Earnings on July 24

MacRumors
Jul 2, 2012, 04:44 PM
http://images.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/2012/07/02/apple-to-announce-3q-2012-earnings-on-july-24/)

Apple today updated its investor relations page (http://investor.apple.com/) to note that it will announce its earnings for the third fiscal quarter (second calendar quarter) of 2012 on Tuesday, July 24. The earnings release typically occurs just after 4:30 PM Eastern Time following the close of regular stock trading, and the conference call is scheduled to follow at 5:00 PM Eastern / 2:00 PM Pacific.

http://images.macrumors.com/article-new/2012/07/appleq3fy12.png

MacRumors will provide running coverage of the earnings release and conference call.

The release should provide a look into the status of iPhone 4S sales after more than 8 months of availability -- and, perhaps most importantly, the strength of Apple's sales in China. Apple reported strong results three months ago (http://www.macrumors.com/2012/04/24/apple-reports-results-for-q2-2012-11-6-billion-profit-on-39-2-billion-in-revenue/) and provided guidance for the third quarter of fiscal 2012 expecting revenue of $34 billion and earnings per diluted share of $8.68. If it meets that guidance, it will be the third consecutive quarter with total sales of more than $30 billion.

Article Link: Apple to Announce 3Q 2012 Earnings on July 24 (http://www.macrumors.com/2012/07/02/apple-to-announce-3q-2012-earnings-on-july-24/)

BanterClaus
Jul 2, 2012, 04:47 PM
So we will most likely get the date for OSX Mountain Lion announced then, like last year.

Meaning it will be within days after the call?

chakdey
sure hope numbers will push the stock above $650 this time. Its been stuck under $600 for too long.

Serelus
Slow news week, I remember when this time of the year iPhone would be due... good times :p

Kebabselector
So Mountain Lion release the day after then (like last year with Lion)

satyrica
Jul 2, 2012, 04:49 PM

This. Combined with the retail vacation blackout scheduled for the same week, we're clear for takeoff!

GeekLawyer
Jul 2, 2012, 04:53 PM

Here, kitty kitty!

Icaras
Jul 2, 2012, 04:53 PM
This. Combined with the retail vacation blackout scheduled for the same week, we're clear for takeoff!

Yup. The only thing missing now in the equation is the GM release.

BC2009
Jul 2, 2012, 04:58 PM
sure hope numbers will push the stock above $650 this time. Its been stuck under $600 for too long.

I think you will see the stock move significantly before that as the analysts all chime in with their predictions. Last quarter it sunk just before earnings announcements that exceeded all but the most optimistic expectations.

I expect this to be Apple's slowest quarter though since the new iPad has not been available in mainland China yet (only through Hong Kong); however, we should see a full quarter of iPhone sales in China which should help. Next quarter we should see the new iPad in China and that should really open up sales there as they sink a bit in the US and Europe in anticipation of "The new iPhone".

The holiday quarter should be amazing for AAPL though as they push an LTE iPhone out to consumers and carriers like Verizon start being more willing to sell iPhone since it will use their LTE network which has more bandwidth for all those customers. No phone will help move Verizon customers off 3G CDMA and on to 4G LTE faster than a new iPhone.

east85
Jul 2, 2012, 04:58 PM
Every time I see one of these articles I think to myself, why didn't I buy stock with Apple years ago?

:confused:

aaronvan
Jul 2, 2012, 05:00 PM
I can't get my MBP until I get that first dividend check!

Confuzzzed
Jul 2, 2012, 05:01 PM
With news that Apple will release its quarterly results on July 24, there goes the front runner in the poll of more than 300 voters for the eagerly anticipated iMac update...July 31 is during the Olympics, so have to say July 17 looks the most likely date now...

G5isAlive
Jul 2, 2012, 05:04 PM
the 24th? that almost 4 weeks of endless speculation. I said endless not pointless. though...

JohnDoe98
Jul 2, 2012, 05:06 PM
Going to be interesting to hear about the sales of the RMBP.

IJ Reilly
Jul 2, 2012, 05:18 PM
I predict that AAPL will either go up or down on this news, with a small chance that it will not go up or down.

edry.hilario
Jul 2, 2012, 05:19 PM
imac anyone... imac...

Peace
Jul 2, 2012, 05:23 PM
With news that Apple will release its quarterly results on July 24, there goes the front runner in the poll of more than 300 voters for the eagerly anticipated iMac update...July 31 is during the Olympics, so have to say July 17 looks the most likely date now...

What's wrong with July 24th. Earnings call , iMac refresh and ML release.

And I hope Tim doesn't say "we have some great products in our pipeline " unless he defines said pipeline as being more than 2 years.

Cinematographer
Jul 2, 2012, 05:28 PM
Aren't they going to announce the details of the dividend payments as well?

RoelJuun
Jul 2, 2012, 05:29 PM
Every time I see one of these articles I think to myself, why didn't I buy stock with Apple years ago?

Precisely, why o why was I that stupid. Ah well

Cinematographer
Jul 2, 2012, 05:31 PM

Same reason you don't buy now. :)

aaronvan
Jul 2, 2012, 05:46 PM
I predict that AAPL will either go up or down on this news, with a small chance that it will not go up or down.

My God, you must work at J.P. Morgan as your economic insight is brilliant! :D

----------

Same reason you don't buy now. :)

I bought mine in 1998 or 99 @ $24/share and hung on to it.

RalfTheDog
Jul 2, 2012, 05:49 PM

I think, the value of AAPL will change by the difference between, what the stock was before the announcement and the value after the announcement.

IJ Reilly
Jul 2, 2012, 06:04 PM
My God, you must work at J.P. Morgan as your economic insight is brilliant! :D

Thank you, my bill is in the mail.

iMikeT
Jul 2, 2012, 06:09 PM
Where are my dividends?

IJ Reilly
Jul 2, 2012, 06:17 PM
Where are my dividends?

I have them. So what are you going to do about it?

rdowns
Jul 2, 2012, 06:20 PM

You won't get that detail. You get # desktops and # laptops, that's it. Apple doesn't disclose individual model sales.

Peace
Jul 2, 2012, 06:23 PM
You won't get that detail. You get # desktops and # laptops, that's it. Apple doesn't disclose individual model sales.

Hahaha. He said # desktops.

POTD !

CrAkD
Jul 2, 2012, 06:23 PM
Mountain Lion, new imacs and mac minis July 25?

JohnDoe98
Jul 2, 2012, 06:35 PM

Right, but someone will ask about the RMBP and some answer will be given, probably nothing too specific but any report will be interesting to hear about.

----------

Mountain Lion, new imacs and mac minis July 25?

Yes, and new iWork?

Rocketman
Jul 2, 2012, 06:38 PM
I mis estimated the announce date by over a week.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=14562556&postcount=139

Johnf1285
Jul 2, 2012, 07:17 PM
My prediction is that Mountain Lion will be mentioned like last year's scenario, and will release July 25th along with a refreshed iMac and Mac Mini with Ivy Bridge and Nvidia GPUs. Now I just hope it comes true!

Glideslope
Jul 2, 2012, 07:47 PM

Gained $20 just from the 27 Patents awarded last week.

$592 today. :apple:

cvaldes
Jul 2, 2012, 07:49 PM
Apple does not break out numbers for individual products, so it is unlikely we will hear anything other than a bland response like, "We are very pleased with the customer response to our new Retina MacBook Pro."

You have been registered on this site for over three years (and thus, presumably read at least three years worth of commentary about quarterly results). I don't know why you would expect Apple to break out individual product sales.

hobo.hopkins
Jul 2, 2012, 08:04 PM

And we'll all probably be saying the same thing in a few years!

JohnDoe98
Jul 2, 2012, 08:06 PM
Apple does not break out numbers for individual products, so it is unlikely we will hear anything other than a bland response like, "We are very pleased with the customer response to our new Retina MacBook Pro."

You have been registered on this site for over three years (and thus, presumably read at least three years worth of commentary about quarterly results). I don't know why you would expect Apple to break out individual product sales.

I didn't say I expected individual sales numbers. I said I expected to hear something, and if you gloss over the previous Quarterlies you will see in the Q & As people always ask and we always get some kind of response. Now, if they say what you did, we'll know sales are mediocre at best. If they say "the RMBP is on fire, exceeding our wildest expectations", we'll know they are doing much better now won't we? Yes, we know shipping times are 3-4 weeks, but do we know if its because of slow manufacturing of these products, or because they are selling like hot cakes?

faroZ06
Jul 2, 2012, 11:35 PM
AAPL ^

EDIT: Thanks for removing my caps, forum.
EDIT: Oh they're back?

----------

Too bad I didn't have my account back in 2008. I wanted to buy, but I had to end up just getting fake stock (a game my friend and I played).

iRobby
Jul 3, 2012, 12:47 AM
Which months does the Q3 cover? January thru June?

AlienFlyBoy
Jul 3, 2012, 01:43 AM
Which months does the Q3 cover? January thru June?

Yes, and Q4 is July-December.

And Q1 and Q2 has been cancelled...

lannisters4life
Jul 3, 2012, 01:52 AM

Haha this is the kind of analysis I can bank on

trawbridge
Jul 3, 2012, 03:40 AM
hello

SBlue1
Jul 3, 2012, 03:43 AM
Time to buy apple stock. :D

iBug2
Jul 3, 2012, 05:54 AM
Yup. The only thing missing now in the equation is the GM release.

We should get the GM this week on the next imho.

Sackvillenb
Jul 3, 2012, 09:35 AM
It'll be interesting to see how they fare. I'm sure they've done well :) And yes, I'm hoping this pushes their stock back up to 600+...

SactoGuy18
Jul 3, 2012, 10:15 AM
While Apple will be strongly helped by sales of the "new" iPad this quarter, the really financial doozy will come in the October-December quarter as the new iPhone is released--THAT device will send Apple sales through the proverbial roof.

theSeb
Jul 3, 2012, 10:33 AM
Is it true that once the date of earnings call is announced Apple does not release any new/updated products?

Bezetos
Jul 3, 2012, 10:44 AM
Ah, so we'll see the "substantial loses (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1396398)" Apple made because of Galaxy Nexus' existence ;)

(This is sarcasm, don't take this too seriously)

Jul 3, 2012, 01:10 PM

I did this for years - every quarter I was annoyed that I didn't by any AAPL. Finally last year I had enough of this repeating scene and bought AAPL (and was assuming that this will be the moment where AAPL starts to decline, but I had to take that risk. Guess what, over 50% gain in a fairly short amount of time. Of course now I say every single time: Heck, I should have bought more of AAPL .... so guess some things will never change some time soon.