PDA

View Full Version : Looking For: Video Editor - Paying Job

Apple!Freak
Jul 25, 2005, 11:53 PM
I am interested in having a very short clip created and am in need of an experienced video editor. In short, what I need is a black background with an image in the center, back in the distance, coming forward at an average speed until it reaches the wanted size. And that's it.

It should take the picture around four seconds to get to the wanted/established size.

Contact me via private messaging and we can talk price in addition to the exact details of the clip.

ChrisBrightwell
Jul 25, 2005, 11:58 PM
I hope you don't pay too much for this. It's a 5-minute job.

Apple!Freak
Jul 26, 2005, 12:00 AM
I hope you don't pay too much for this. It's a 5-minute job.

Well, it's worth about $10 to me, so that's what I would pay considering it's a 5-minute job. :)

Would you be interested?

AliensAreFuzzy
Jul 26, 2005, 12:28 AM
PM sent

Lacero
Jul 26, 2005, 12:30 AM
You can do that effect in iPhoto yourself. :confused:

Espnetboy3
Jul 26, 2005, 12:33 AM
I bet chris doesn't even know how to do it and yet he is putting a price tag on it already. It all depends on the specs and the image. What it should be rendered to , what is the images extension. Is there anything moving in the image etc. PM SENT

ChrisBrightwell
Jul 26, 2005, 01:18 AM
I bet chris doesn't even know how to do it [...]
It takes two key frames. There's nothing to it.

The longest part would be transfering a hi-res copy of the final product.

For $10, I'll be happy to do it.

LethalWolfe
Jul 26, 2005, 02:23 AM
I bet chris doesn't even know how to do it and yet he is putting a price tag on it already. It all depends on the specs and the image. What it should be rendered to , what is the images extension. Is there anything moving in the image etc. PM SENT

You sound a bit snippy Espnetboy3. It really is like a 5min job. Xfering the files back and fourth will most likely be the longest part of the process.

Chris, I don't have FCP in front of me but I think you could actually do it w/only 1 key frame 'cause I don't think the starting value needs a key frame.

Lethal

AmigoMac
Jul 26, 2005, 04:11 AM
and I thought this thread was about someone looking for a job...
5 min job, agree.

ChrisBrightwell
Jul 26, 2005, 04:35 AM
Chris, I don't have FCP in front of me but I think you could actually do it w/only 1 key frame 'cause I don't think the starting value needs a key frame.
Erm ... I've always needed two. One for the start of the motion and one for the end. FC figures out how to handle getting from one point to the next, but it has to have a start and stop for the "zoom" effect.

If there's a trick to doing it with one keyframe, someone post it. I'd love to know. :)

LethalWolfe
Jul 26, 2005, 05:21 AM
Erm ... I've always needed two. One for the start of the motion and one for the end. FC figures out how to handle getting from one point to the next, but it has to have a start and stop for the "zoom" effect.

If there's a trick to doing it with one keyframe, someone post it. I'd love to know. :)

Yeah, you are right. I had somethin' else in my head. :o

Ah-hem... nothin' to see here folks, keep movin' on...

Lethal

neut
Jul 28, 2005, 07:26 PM
you people throwing down estimates publicly for a job with no details are killing starving artists. there are standards in the freelance industry and when a job is analyzed there's a minimum or standard rate or it's a favor for a friend (who can always donate :)).

it's just not cool to price a job when the client hasn't yet express a price point. for the seasoned it may turn out to be a 5 min job ... but a five minute 'rush' job can turn out to be a pain in the ass. worth $10?

we have 8 hour work-days and usually end up 'working' 2-4 hour; but i still better be paid for 8hrs (though, of course, im on salary) ... i could be doing something else ya' know.
say it takes 5 min. but then he actually needs it to be something slightly different; and you know what? he actually needs a couple more just to be sure ... and could you do this little animation thing too?

still charging 10 bucks? ... if the job takes five minutes your end result will show it

it may be fine for the kids but some people need to make a living off of 'Paying Jobs'. ;)

peace | neut

virus1
Jul 29, 2005, 09:45 PM
the hardest part is the payment.. i will do it for free.. gosh.