Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacBookPro13"

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 25, 2011
Ireland
I was running iOS 6 Beta 2 on my 4S but the brightness issue forced me to revert back to iOS 5.

Is that fixed?

How stable is this build overall?

ahdickter

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2011
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Are you a developer? If so, then you should be testing your apps with iOS 6. If you are not a developer, then it's up to you to decide whether the bugs are worth it. Don't expect everyone else to tell you whether certain aspects of iOS are working.

Futhark

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2011
Northern Ireland
MacBookPro13";15176204 said:
I was running iOS 6 Beta 2 on my 4S but the brightness issue forced me to revert back to iOS 5.

Is that fixed?

How stable is this build overall?

I thought we were still on Beta 2?

taedouni

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2011
California
If you reverted back to iOS 5 then I don't think that you should be participating in a beta that was made for developers not necessarily stability and performance.

upsguy27

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2007
Utah
People always say that you shouldn't be running a dev build if you're not a dev, but honestly, beta 2 is flawless for me. The only issue I've had at all involve iTunes match glitches, which wasn't that great on ios 5 either.

DMaki650

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
Rhinelander, WI
It's the same for me, I do however have a dev account for the beta. I also have had no problems whatsoever with beta 2 at all. It's been flawless as well, no bugs except for trying to use the camera in the Messages app. I have always taken the photo first then went into the app and choose the photo. So that's not really an issue for me at all.

meeks

macrumors regular
May 1, 2005
I'm using iOS6 b2 on my ATT 4S as my everyday phone and it's working fine so far. No real issues at all so far (fingers crossed).

MythicFrost

macrumors 68040
Mar 11, 2009
Australia
I've been running iOS 6 since Beta 1 on my real 4S and iPad and it's working great though of course I run into bugs here and there but nothing are crippling issues just minor annoyances which are to be expected. Apple's done a good job with this release, it's quite stable. Though I'd not recommend running it on your normal devices if you're not prepared to deal with a crippling issue.

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
I've been running iOS 6 since Beta 1 on my real 4S and iPad and it's working great though of course I run into bugs here and there but nothing are crippling issues just minor annoyances which are to be expected. Apple's done a good job with this release, it's quite stable. Though I'd not recommend running it on your normal devices if you're not prepared to deal with a crippling issue.

I wouldn't call any of the bugs "crippling". Minor irritations yes.

MythicFrost

macrumors 68040
Mar 11, 2009
Australia
I wouldn't call any of the bugs "crippling". Minor irritations yes.
Me either. They're all just minor annoyances, though like I said I think you should be prepared to deal with a serious error that might come along if you're installing it on your normal device.

GenesisST

macrumors 68000
Jan 23, 2006
Where I live
Are you a developer? If so, then you should be testing your apps with iOS 6. If you are not a developer, then it's up to you to decide whether the bugs are worth it. Don't expect everyone else to tell you whether certain aspects of iOS are working.

Even if you are a dev (like me!), depending on your application of course, you can iron out a few things with the simulator, at least with current betas. At least you can take stock of what is broken (if anything).

I wouldn't recommend finalizing an application the week before the release, though. But there are still 2-3 betas to go, I would say.

That said, I am itching to install it on my 3GS, as I suffer from Compulsive Updating Syndrome, But I think that phone will remain on iOS5 until I change my phone in "October".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.