PDA

View Full Version : So how have you decided to you external monitors?

SBradford
Jul 4, 2012, 05:43 AM
We all know how awful Lion is towards external monitors. I find it really annoying that I can't use one screen if I'm in full screen. The only app I have which actually has additional options for this is VLC.
So how have you been using your external displays? Not using full-screen apps?

tersono
Jul 4, 2012, 07:40 AM
I don't see the point in full-screen apps if I have dual monitors of a decent size. Only place I ever use full-screen is on a smaller laptop...

ScoobyMcDoo
Jul 4, 2012, 10:06 AM
As someone who cut his teeth on an Apple IIe, I find it interesting that we went from computers which only ran one program at a time in full screen, to windowed environments where you can interact with several programs at a time, and now we get a "feature" where we can run apps just like we did in the 1980s.

I do use an external monitor with Lion, but, of course, I don't use any app in full screen.

robgendreau
Jul 4, 2012, 01:44 PM
The Finder is just a dinosaur of an interface.

I do not see why at this point all menubars and other stuff won't be "smart" enough to disappear when we don't need them, only to reappear as soon as we mouse towards them. If web pages can have rollovers and whatnot, why not a zone on your desktop that does the same? Or no menubar or dock at all, just contextual menus?

Someday we'll get an alternative to the Windows/Mac OS interface that doesn't suck.