Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
Yeah, but note the campaign is only "Think." That's something PC users need to do more often. :D

We, on the other hand, already Think. Apple just reminds us to Think Different.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Originally posted by Hemingray
Yeah, but note the campaign is only "Think." That's something PC users need to do more often. :D

We, on the other hand, already Think. Apple just reminds us to Think Different.

Very funny :D

[/i]In addition, IBM will rename its desktop PC line and PC-related services to incorporate the word "think." The NetVista line of desktops, for example, will be replaced next year with ThinkCenter desktops. The company also will sell ThinkVision displays, ThinkServices and ThinkAccessories, which includes hardware such as network adapters. [/i]

they don't mention what the processors are, I wonder if they'll be getting the Power4 as well? That makes sense if they're stressing ease of use, not speed, since the GHz will be less than the offerings from other PC manufacturers. But what would that do to Apple?

D

macphisto

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2002
At home
I think that IBM, much like Xerox, is trying to revamp its image. No longer do they want to be seen as the "Big Blue" server maker/harddrive/tech system. They want to be seen as the computer that is fun and will make you "think different." (Sound familiar?) They were pushing toward the e business with all of the customer friendly commercials, but I don't that it was working as well as they would have hoped.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.