PDA

View Full Version : Feeler: WTT 12" 1.33GHz 512MB PB for 12" iBook


devilot
Jul 26, 2005, 01:23 PM
Thanks for the interest, but my PB is no longer available!


I'm looking to downgrade because I don't need the power of my PB. I'd ultimately love some cash, too so I don't mind the 1.2 GHz 12" iBook G4 . As for the iBook-- I'd like it to have 512 MB, at least 60GB HD, as well as either some time left on the original year of AppleCare or the extended AppleCare.

Thanks!

::edit:: I am also entertaining offers to buy my PB, ~$1100 or so.

Ok I should just put my specific specs to play it safe:
12" Rev. C Powerbook G4
1.33 GHz processor
256MB+256= 512MB RAM
60GB HD
Combo Drive
Original 1 year AppleCare until August 20, 2005
-Came w/ Panther-- still have all the original discs and the original box.
-Running Tiger and will include the disc unless your iBook doesn't include Tiger in which case I will uninstall Tiger and keep the disc for myself.

Some pictures of it...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v684/devilot76/apple/Picture1.png

There is a very slight scratch on the bottom-- this is the best shot I could get of it:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v684/devilot76/apple/PBbottomSratch3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v684/devilot76/apple/e8bf2ff9.jpg

So there is no confusion to the ports on the PB...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v684/devilot76/apple/38aff570.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v684/devilot76/apple/ba81c762.jpg

kjr39
Jul 26, 2005, 01:48 PM
I have a 12" ibook that I purchased in December of 2004 that has 768MB of RAM and a 30GB drive. I would entertain a trade if you are interested...

You have pics?

devilot
Jul 26, 2005, 01:49 PM
I have a 12" ibook that I purchased in December of 2004 that has 768MB of RAM and a 30GB drive. I would entertain a trade if you are interested...

You have pics?
I won't be home (where my PB and camera are) for about 12 hours? So I'll try to get some pics up later. Hmm pity your HD is only 30GB. Any cash involved?

ITASOR
Jul 26, 2005, 01:57 PM
I won't be home (where my PB and camera are) for about 12 hours? So I'll try to get some pics up later. Hmm pity your HD is only 30GB. Any cash involved?

Why not just keep the PB. In a few years, you'll be mad that you didn't keep the more powerful machine and need to buy another one. :o


EDIT: Nevermind, I see you have an iMac too! Good luck with the trade!

lazyboy922
Jul 26, 2005, 02:05 PM
Would you be willing to sell your pb? I am looking for a 12" pb with superdrive. Or do you have a combo?

PaRaGoNViCtiM
Jul 26, 2005, 02:43 PM
Devilot76...I love your Avatar!!

devilot
Jul 26, 2005, 10:30 PM
Itasor-- you're right, w/ the addition of my iMac G5 I really do NOT need the power of my PB.

lazyboy-- I may entertain your offer although you may not be interested in my PB because it IS combo drive.

Paragonvictim-- thanks!;)

Jimbia-- PM answered.

Any other offers?

WeeShoo
Jul 26, 2005, 10:45 PM
how much do you want for it?

devilot
Jul 26, 2005, 10:53 PM
how much do you want for it?
I'm not sure what a "fair" asking price is... I've noticed that others are selling iBooks for $1100. Seeing as mine is a PowerBook... um... I really don't know. I don't have much experience w/ selling tech. stuff. :o

Oh yeah, I have some ebay feedback under: devilot76, same w/ one transaction on Heatware, and I have had transactions w/ a couple MRers.

WeeShoo
Jul 26, 2005, 10:58 PM
a 12'' 1.33 GHz iBook w/ 512 MB RAM is $999...

macmanmatty
Jul 26, 2005, 11:02 PM
pm sent

Rod Rod
Jul 26, 2005, 11:03 PM
a 12'' 1.33 GHz iBook w/ 512 MB RAM is $999... . . . and it has a slower FSB, no audio in, no DVI out, it's slightly heavier, it can't operate with its lid closed and it has half the VRAM. I probably missed something but the point is there are still big differences between the current 12" iBook and the 3rd generation 12" PowerBook.

WeeShoo
Jul 26, 2005, 11:08 PM
. . . and it has a slower FSB, no audio in, no DVI out, it's slightly heavier, it can't operate with its lid closed and it has half the VRAM. I probably missed something but the point is there are still big differences between the current 12" iBook and the 3rd generation 12" PowerBook.

I realize that, Thats why I made that post to show devilot.

ichoosedeath
Jul 26, 2005, 11:21 PM
I realize that, Thats why I made that post to show devilot.

No, you just made it sound like it wasn't worth more than $999.

Rod Rod
Jul 26, 2005, 11:34 PM
No, you just made it sound like it wasn't worth more than $999.I second ichoosedeath. WeeShoo's post was a thread crap.

vlad88
Jul 26, 2005, 11:37 PM
Im interested, I have a 1.2ghz iBook G4.
12.1" XGA LCD monitor, Airport Extreme, 256MB of PC333 RAM, 30GB Hard Drive, a DVD/CD-RW combo slot loading drive, and a 1200MHz (1.2GHz) PowerPC G4 processor with 512KB L2 Cache.

The extras include: 1 ISO Apple iBook Keyboard (plus the USA keyboard), brand new Li-Ion battery, 2 ac adapters, Apple USB mouse, and lots of software. This is a nice system and will be shipped in the original box with the manuals and apple installation CD's.

refs:
Heatware under vlad88

devilot
Jul 26, 2005, 11:50 PM
vlad, I have sent you a PM.

Let's all play nice, now... ;) But thanks Rod and ichoosedeath, the input all around is well appreciated on my part!

berkleeboy210
Jul 26, 2005, 11:57 PM
I sold my 12" same specs as yours for around 1,200 a couple weeks ago. I now type this on a new 15" :)

devilot
Jul 26, 2005, 11:59 PM
I sold my 12" same specs as yours for around 1,200 a couple weeks ago. I now type this on a new 15" :)
Thank you for chiming in! At least now I have a ballpark figure. :o

WeeShoo
Jul 27, 2005, 12:36 AM
No, you just made it sound like it wasn't worth more than $999.

you have to be ****ing kidding me.

devilot
Jul 27, 2005, 12:58 AM
Hey folks... I've been made an offer for a 12" 1.2 GHz iBook w/ a 30GB HD, the person is also offering $175. Does that sound like a fair trade? Also, are there any ways for both parties to have some form of "insurance?"

Capt Underpants
Jul 27, 2005, 01:08 AM
Hey folks... I've been made an offer for a 12" 1.2 GHz iBook w/ a 30GB HD, the person is also offering $175. Does that sound like a fair trade? Also, are there any ways for both parties to have some form of "insurance?"

You could try out an escrow service, though I have no personal experience with them. Make sure that you pick a reputable one, though.

CiBoys
Jul 27, 2005, 01:09 AM
Hey i live in SF. i also have an iBook G4 1.07GHz, 60GB, Airport, Bluetooth, 768 RAM, purchase in september 2004/ still have a month of AppleCare. Can be diliver to you w/o the hasle of "shipping" PM me

ITASOR
Jul 27, 2005, 08:18 AM
Hey folks... I've been made an offer for a 12" 1.2 GHz iBook w/ a 30GB HD, the person is also offering $175. Does that sound like a fair trade? Also, are there any ways for both parties to have some form of "insurance?"

I was thinking of offering my new iBook that hasn't even come yet + $100. What do you think about that? :eek:

devilot
Jul 27, 2005, 08:40 AM
I was thinking of offering my new iBook that hasn't even come yet + $100. What do you think about that? :eek:
Are you serious? If you're serious... haha, maybe you could call apple and get your shipping address changed. :D

I'm starting to really consider trying to sell my PB here on MR instead of trade... if I was able to get $1200 or even $1100 then as a student myself, I could do the Student Union promo.

Artful Dodger
Jul 27, 2005, 01:30 PM
Shame mine is a 14" or I'd offer a trade ;)

devilot
Jul 27, 2005, 01:41 PM
Shame mine is a 14" or I'd offer a trade ;)
That would be nice considering we've already had one transaction-- granted laptops aren't keyboard covers, but still... :p And thanks for reading properly- you'd be surprised how many people don't catch details like 12" vs 14". ;)

devilot
Jul 27, 2005, 06:25 PM
I know people are reading this... anybody out there interested in my loverly PB?

taeclee99
Jul 27, 2005, 06:47 PM
If you want the most for you pbook. I would suggest putting it up for sale on ebay. You might even get more than $1200 for it. I'm about to put my 15 in tibook on there pretty soon myself.

Artful Dodger
Jul 28, 2005, 06:43 AM
I can't, really can't, see why someone doesn't jump all over this deal :confused:

devilot
Jul 28, 2005, 11:42 PM
I can't, really can't, see why someone doesn't jump all over this deal :confused:
I guess there isn't a market for my baby... oh well, I'm not willing to do ebay-- I've never sold there and I just don't trust my judgement (as in, I don't want to be ripped off).

berkleeboy210
Jul 28, 2005, 11:45 PM
I sold the exact same model 2-3 weeks ago, for 1,100. Mine didn't have Apple Care , So i'd say 1200 is reasonable.

amin
Jul 29, 2005, 12:30 AM
I think you should get at least $250 in a trade for a stock used 12" iBook. Maybe more. Maybe I way off base, but if I were in your shoes, any less would not be worth it to me. Of course, it depends on your situation.

reberto
Jul 29, 2005, 12:38 AM
I can't, really can't, see why someone doesn't jump all over this deal :confused:


I would BUT, I just bought my dads old G5 and iBook. Damn...... :mad:

devilot
Jul 30, 2005, 08:15 AM
Ok.... I'll give this another shot. All you debating between a new iBook and a PowerBook... this is your shot to get a PB for cheaper than from Apple! ;)

ThRiLLeR13
Jul 30, 2005, 04:18 PM
I think you should get at least $250 in a trade for a stock used 12" iBook. Maybe more. Maybe I way off base, but if I were in your shoes, any less would not be worth it to me. Of course, it depends on your situation.
I agree, I don't think $175 is fair. IMO. Keep looking Devilot, hopefully an awesome offer will come along. :)

anamenotused
Aug 2, 2005, 02:47 AM
Ill give you my ibook g3 300 (tangerine) straight up! :D

devilot
Aug 2, 2005, 08:12 AM
Ill give you my ibook g3 300 (tangerine) straight up! :D
Thanks for the offer, but I think I must decline. :p

devilot
Aug 2, 2005, 10:16 AM
Wait a minute, you'd be willing to give me a free older iBook? I'm down!!! I'm sure I can find a great use for it. Maybe let my mom use it. The ironic thing is she works in the high-tech industry, but doesn't know the first thing about using a computer. She only knows how to use one of those fancy chip/layout/design machines, not a "normal" PC type computer.

amacgenius
Aug 3, 2005, 11:49 PM
I guess there isn't a market for my baby... oh well, I'm not willing to do ebay-- I've never sold there and I just don't trust my judgement (as in, I don't want to be ripped off).
Interested, PM sent will offer $$ via PayPal 100% positive feedback on ebay under digitialnirvana.

dsharits
Aug 8, 2005, 05:32 PM
PM sent.

devilot
Aug 12, 2005, 02:32 AM
No takers? Just in case people didn't read my original post... I'm also willing (in fact probably more "down") to just sell my PB, not trade seeing as how most people who have iBooks probably love 'em. :o

PaRaGoNViCtiM
Aug 12, 2005, 03:29 PM
Ok.... I'll give this another shot. All you debating between a new iBook and a PowerBook... this is your shot to get a PB for cheaper than from Apple! ;)
Really, and I know there are tons of people trying to decide between an iBook and a PB! God, I would jump all over this if I didn't already have my 15"PB. I can't believe someone hasn't scooped this up already!!

mbl42
Aug 12, 2005, 03:36 PM
I'll trade you a 14" iBook 1.07GHz 768MB RAM 80GB HD Combo Drive w/Airport PLUS $100 in cash. Comes in original packaging w/ cds, manuals, etc. I can also throw in an Incase bag worth atleast $40 for free.

ITASOR
Aug 12, 2005, 03:41 PM
I would consider, but I got my iBook today and we're too much in love to be separated.....EVER.

devilot
Aug 16, 2005, 11:51 PM
Thanks for all the offers and the interest. However, just about the best possible solution has presented itself!!!

My older sister needed a new laptop to replace her failing Dell notebook and she's been bugging me about Apples... so I told her to get a new iBook (to give me) and I'd give her my PB. But of course, nobody wants a hand-me-down, right? Anyway, I told her to check out the iBooks and PBs in person and she called tonight admitting that she really does like the PB more and seeing as how the laptop would be her primary computer, I don't have a problem giving her my PB.

So, I'll be ordering my new 12" iBook w/in this next week! Yaaay! :D