Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jbgloss

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 20, 2011
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Need some help.

I went out and bought the new rMBP..... headed to the parents house and shot some video with my Canon XF100 - I am sitting here trying to get the footage into iMovie or X. It is not finding my camera. I see it in the finder but X and iMovie don't see the card reader.

I think this cable is USB 2.0 I have tried with my normal card reader and with a direct camera hook up but nothing. Could it be a need a USB 3.0 cable?

I am stumped. I have shut down and restarted. Done everything. The Card is showing in finder, but both programs are not recognizing it. The ONLY thing I can think is wrong is this is a 2.0 card reader???

Stumped anyone have any ideas. On the road new CPU and can't get my footage in. Works on my MP etc.... at home but not on this new rMBP

BTW latest X and iMovie.

Thanks in advance.

JB

ipcress

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2013
Any luck with iMovie?

Hi JB,

Nice that the Canon plug in allows direct import to FCPX- thanks for posting the answer you were looking for. I'm still using iMovie- have you found a way to import XF100 footage into iMovie?

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.